Saturday, July 29, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #81, Sunday Post #78, Sunday Salon #72

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I am doing good. Yesterday I was in the car all day, I just got home from visiting my sister in Tennessee. I loved spending time with my sister and brother, and their families. I got to spend a lot of time in the pool this past week, so I finally feel like I had summer 😃 Today, I am catching up and relaxing.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies:

 

Book Mail: one for review and the other 3 bought with a gift card from a friend for my birthday

For Review

Bought: I went to McKay's while I was in TN and got store credit, so these were all free:

 
 

Bookish merch: Gifts from my sister for my birthday-she knows me well!

 

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week. One was an audiobook, I listened to the whole book yesterday on my trip home. It was wonderful! It has been a long time since I have been able to listen to a book in the same week, much less the same day. I am going to try to get that review up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Top Ten Tuesday-Recent additions to my TBR

Positively, Penelope Review + Giveaway

Book review: Cold Pursuit

First Line Friday #97-The All-American

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

36 comments:

  1. A week by a pool sounds super good to me. I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, I need a vacation to recover from my vacation, LOL! I am worn out.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! Great sister gifts. I just was reviewing the book my sister gave me!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you had such a wonderful trip and visit! Great haul too! Have a wonderful weekend Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just starting to enjoy audiobooks again and am requesting more from the library and online. A good narrator is essential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, SO true!! They will make or break the story!

      Delete
  5. Love the cover of Lone Wolf. You said that you've never been to Oregon, where we are traveling tomorrow. Summer is a lovely time to visit the Pac NW and the Oregon Coast is one of the prettiest places on earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, the author or Lone Wolf is a child (I forget how old, but I am looking forward to it!). I would LOVE to go to Oregon someday! I would love to see more of the west coast, I have only been as far as Missouri.

      Delete
  6. Lone Wolf has a fab cover & Under the Turquoise Sky sounds intriguing. Everyone should get a week relaxing by a pool in summer - sounds great!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-57

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I wholeheartedly agree!!! Pool vacations are the best!

      Delete
  7. That's good you had a nice trip. I love bookish merch! So fun. Happy reading this week, The Illusionist's Apprentice caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also love bookish merch!! I have read other books by Kristy Cambron, but wasn't aware of The Illusionist's Apprentice until I happened upon it. It sounds intriguing.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you had a nice trip and had the chance to spend time with the family. Those books look really good. Enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed your time in Tennessee! Spending time in a pool sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, it was! It had been over a year since I had had an opportunity to be in a pool.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a good trip even if you were in the car a lot. Like the bookish merch. Some of these books have wonderful alluring covers. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great t-shirt and tote bag. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer isn't summer without some pool time! Glad you had a nice visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good time with your family. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great visit to Tennessee! We actually haven't been in our pool much over the last few weeks because the water is too warm. I'm wondering if we need to invest in a pool cooler or at least some kind of shade to keep the water from heating up too much. LOL.

    Enjoy all your fun books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, my sister has the opposite problem, her pool stays too cool for her! It was perfect while we were there. Maybe dump some ice in it and enjoy, LOL!

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful time you had with your sister! She certainly knows you. And I'm with you---it's only after I swim that I feel like summer has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, she does :) I am thankful that we are not only sisters, but friends too!

      Delete
  16. Happy birthday Cindy!! Your gifts look great!

    Lone Wolf looks good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday! How nice that you were able to visit your family and chill by the pool. We're currently within easy walking distance of a lake and haven't actually gotten in it, despite a few days of 100+ temps. We were just talking about that. We're going to have to take our chairs and have a "beach" day soon. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, yes, enjoy the water while it's still warm enough :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete