Sunday, October 8, 2023

Crossroads

Title: Crossroads

Series: Holly #5

Author: C. C. Warrens

Publisher: Self-published

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense,

Source: Author Provided

My Review:

Crossroads is book number five in the Holly series, although all of C. C. Warrens books are loosely connected. Her Holly series needs to be read in order.

I don't even know where to begin, but I think this one is my new favorite of the series 😍!! I have loved them all, but I was so much more invested and moved by this one than the other stories. It was sooo intense in parts. I was so worried about Holly! In the beginning, I couldn't see how she was going to find trouble, but boy did she 🤯🤯🤯 

I loved seeing how Holly continues to thrive in her friendships and relationships. Her character growth has been authentic across the books while still being true to who she is. She has the biggest heart despite all the trauma she has endured. Her friendship with Jordan continues to grow in this book as well, especially as they find themselves stranded in a very dangerous situation in their hunt for Holly's foster sister, Cassie.

Crossroads will bring out all the feels at one point or another. There is some humor and witty banter that helps balance out the tension of the story. Faith is woven seamlessly throughout the story. I cannot recommend this story and series highly enough.

Trigger warnings: Holly has been severely abused and has major trauma from her childhood. C. C. Warrens has dealt with this in the best way possible. I would not normally read stuff with this kind of trauma, but I have devoured each book in the series (and will continue to). I don't want to miss a moment of this series. It is one of my all-time favorite series ever. 

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Run and don't look back.
I'll find you when it's safe.

Those were the last words Holly whispered to her six year old foster sister before the little girl fled into the trees and disappeared from existence.

Fifteen years later, Cassandra Ward is still missing.

Holly is haunted by the possibility that she sent her foster sister running from one monster and into the clutches of another. How else could a child vanish without a trace?

Determined to find her, Holly sifts through her own dark memories for clues, revisits her past, and chases a lead across the country with Jordan by her side. But the search for Cassie takes a dangerous turn when an altercation in the mountains leaves them stranded, cut off from the outside world, and running for their lives.

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you love them so.. I will go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently finished Darling Girls, a suspense novel about three girls who survived foster homes, and are called back to the home they lived in when a skeleton is found buried near the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, that sounds good! Did you enjoy it?!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this book review. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when a series just gets better and better. And I love the premise of this one with Holly searching for her foster sister after so many years. This whole series sound suspenseful and good. I just wish my library had copies of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, yes, I love the whole series! Could you request them? Our library has the first book, but not the others.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to try requesting them and see what happens. Fingers crossed my library will decide to buy them all. :D

      Delete
  5. Great review, Cindy! I really need to read this series. I keep hearing how awesome it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, it is and you will LOVE it!!! It's right up your alley!

      Delete
  6. Your enthusiasm for Crossroads in the Holly series is infectious! The intense moments, character development, and enduring friendships sound like a winning combination, and it's impressive how C.C. Warrens has handled sensitive themes in a way that keeps readers engaged and invested in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan, her works are consistently good!!! I love that in an author!

      Delete
  7. I think I've seen this series or this author featured somewhere... I'm not sure where, but seeing your review, it seems as though this will be another I need to read more about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, this is one of my ALL time favorite suspense series!! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!

      Delete