Monday, October 30, 2023

Into the Fire

Title: Into the Fire

Series: Undaunted Courage #1

Author: Irene Hannon

Publisher: Revell

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense, Contemporary

Source: Revell

My Review:

I love Irene Hannon's books. I love the cover of Into the Fire. It is the first book in her newest series, Undaunted Courage.  

Into the Fire starts with an intense scene, and it snowballs from there. Toward the middle, I felt like the story was dragging, but it quickly picked back up.

There are many layers to this story. There are hints of who the bad guy is, but I wasn't certain until it was revealed. Once it was disclosed, it put a whole different spin on the story. I almost wish I had known from the beginning, because it wasn't what I had imagined. 

Bri is a former smokejumper and an arson investigator. Her growing up years were complicated, and I enjoyed learning the different layers that molded her into who we meet as the story began. Bri has trust issues, and it is hard for her to let people in.

Marc is an ATF Special Agent who has moved back home to care for his Nan. He also has had a complicated life. 

While there is mutual interest from their first meeting, Bri and Marc's relationship progresses slowly. They are focused on the case that brought them together. They are also distracted by the many "accidents" that happen to Bri.

Into the Fire will draw you in and keep your interest until the last fire is extinguished. All the characters are interesting, from the protagonist to the supporting cast and even the villain. This story has Bri and Marc confronting things from their past and working on forgiveness. I can't wait for the second book to be released.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

As a former smokejumper, arson investigator Bri Tucker knows her way around fires. But after a mysterious blaze takes the life of a former colleague, Bri inherits a curious puzzle from him that raises questions about several fiery deaths. Someone, however, doesn't want her picking up where he left off in search of answers.

When she teams up with ATF Special Agent Marc Davis to solve the puzzle, the danger escalates. But will they manage to track down the person behind the mysterious deaths before their budding romance--and maybe even their lives--go up in flames?

The bestselling and award-winning queen of romantic suspense is back with a brand-new series that is sure to get your adrenaline pumping as you burn through the pages to discover the truth.

10 comments:

  1. Is the second book a continuation of Bri and Marc's story, or about all new characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I am not 100% sure, but I think it follows the Tucker siblings (Bri is a Tucker), so she would still be in the book, I think the focus will be on a sibling...there's no info yet as to who the next book is about.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited there is a new Irene Hanon series! I love her books too. They stick with me and I find myself thinking about them after finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of Irene's books used to be favorites. Now when I see these newer titles by her make the rounds, I often wonder if I'd still enjoy her books! This cover is certainly fierce and makes a statement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, her books are just as good, if not better than her older books!

      Delete
  4. Great review, Cindy! I'm looking forward to reading this one. I love Irene Hannon's suspense books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I do too, they are SO good!!

      Delete
  5. I read a horror tale but I didn't connect to Halloween. Who knew there were so many pertinent books!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete