Sunday, October 29, 2023

Easy As Pie

Title: Easy as Pie

Series: Sweater Weather #5

Author: Carina Taylor

Publisher: Lit and Write LLC

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, Fiction,

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

 Easy as Pie by Carina Taylor is the fifth book in the Sweater Weather series. The books are loosely tied together by their cozy fall romcom vibe and take place in the same town, Harvest Hollow.

I laughed through most of the first chapter. Then I had to show my husband, then laughed again. The chapter is written so well, that even this visually challenged reader (I can't normally picture scenes in my head) could picture the scene, which just made it even funnier.

This is a friends to more story, and it was fabulous. Hazel and Tripp are good friends and I like both of them. Their chemistry is wonderful, there are all kinds of funny scenes with witty banter, and their first kiss was worth the wait.

I prefer clean reads with no cussing. This was a clean romance with mild cussing. The cussing is unnecessary to the story, and I could have done without it.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

My best friend is back in town—and I refuse to let my pesky attraction to him ruin our friendship.
Tripp Sharpe and I have been best friends since middle school. And when he moved away to go to medical school and become a doctor? We’ve kept up by texting, phone calls, and every funny reel we come across. I have one simple rule for protect our friendship at all costs—even from myself. But when Tripp moves back to town, I can't ignore the attraction I feel. If it were anyone else, I’d just avoid him. But it's hard to avoid a guy who thinks we're still the same ol' besties we've always been. Or are we? It turns out some things have changed for him too. Maybe I'm imagining the long stares, the lingering touches, or the flimsy excuses to spend time together, despite his ridiculous schedule. And when Tripp asks me to show him how I like to kiss? It seems like I’m not the only one blasting through our friendship rules…

Loss of a parent due to cancer, ER Doctor, neglectful parents.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but it sounds very fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a fun series! It's too bad some find cussing necessary in their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great read and likely a great series. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete