Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday-Reading goals I still need to work toward

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Reading Goals I Still Want to Accomplish Before the End of the Year (We’ve just begun the last quarter of the year! What bookish goals would you still like to accomplish? If you participated in TTT’s Bookish Goals for 2023 topic this past January, update us on which goals you’ve achieved, which you’ve given up on, and which ones you’re still working on!) I did do this post back in January, so it makes it easy to remember my goals, so let's see how I am doing! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Here are my 2023 Bookish Goals (and how I am doing):

  1. Read 150 books for the Goodreads Challenge- this is less than last year because I want to try and read some thicker books (but when I looked at my TBR most are under 500 pages 🤦😂) ✅- I am not sure if I should count this as complete or as a failure as I had to up my goal to 175 since I was so close to 150, and have already hit 175 as well 🤷
  2. Cut back on buying books....✅While I still bought some books this year, I have cut way back...even avoiding used bookstores and library sales so I am not tempted...
  3. So I can read more of what I own (I read 48 books on my physical shelves last year but probably added at least that many back in)⍻I am reading more of what I own, but probably not enough...
  4. Participate in less book challenges to make room for other goals and mood reading⍻ well, I have participated in less challenges, but still committed to quite a few ARCs, so not as much mood reading as I wanted.
  5. Read more male authors-I predominately read female authors (88%) ⍻ this is another one I could do better at...I am now at 86% for female authors, so there is still a lot of room for improvement, but I don't think I have any male authors scheduled for the rest of the year.
  6. Try some of the new to me authors that I have been saying for the last year I want to try ⍻-while I have tried 41 new-to-me authors this year, that number is lower than previous years. Plus, only 4 of those are ones that I have been saying forever that I would try!
  7. Work on completing book series I have already started ✅-I have completed 17 so far. I hope to finish 3 more before the end of the year.
  8. While I would still like to reach the goal of 60+ followers I can't control this-especially since I am mostly a Christian fiction book blogger, it doesn't appeal to as many readers as other genres do, so it's more of a wish list item, LOL!-✅-You all are awesome! When I posted this several of you immediately started following my blog. It fluctuates up and down, but I have been holding steady at 75 followers for a while. THANK YOU!
 How are you doing on your bookish goals? What is the goal you MOST want to hit by the end of the year?? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below. 

32 comments:

  1. Good job on your goals so far!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing great on your goals! You may not be perfect at some of them, but it sounds like you've made great progress on all of them! Kudos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on your goals so far! Not buying books is so hard - I have a fabulous used book store near my house and the couple that owns it is fantastic.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aymee, Yes, buying books is VERY hard. Especially since one of the things I do when I travel anywhere is scope out bookstores, LOL.

      Delete
  4. I was surprised to realize I had not yet followed you, Cindy. So I've helped you a tiny bit on one of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done such a great job this year! Here's hoping the rest of your reading year goes as well.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just followed you! Wordpress doesn’t always play nice with Blogger, so I hope it works! I think we should get extra credit for thick books! ~Carol @ ReadingLadies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Carol! I appreciate it! Have a nice week!

      Delete
  7. You're rocking your challenges this year! Way to go.

    If I could follow your blog again, I would. I enjoy what you post and your posts and recs are definitely helping me find new Christian books and authors to love. Keep 'em coming!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Susan, thank you so much!! I appreciate your kind comments. I love visiting your blog as well :)

      Delete
  8. Great list! Hope you are able to complete your goals this year!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Read more male authors-I predominately read female authors"

    Interesting. I haven't really given much thought to the sex of the authors I read, but I'm going to guess I read more female authors too.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lectrice, I find it hard to find male authors that I enjoy. There are a few but I have read all their books, LOL!

      Delete
  10. I love your list! You're doing so good this year. I have to admit that I've done a real good job about reading books I already have. I've gotten through quite a few I've had on my TBR for a while. But I can still do better. It's just that too many of my favorite authors keep putting out books. I have to buy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I understand that completely! I have been trouble leaving comments on your blog, it always tells me I have to sign in, and I am signed in! I may need to shut my computer down and then try again.

      Delete
  11. I say count your first goal as a win. :) That's awesome you read so many books. Hopefully most were enjoyable and you have lots of other great goals you have or are meeting. Good for you. :) Thanks a bunch for visiting my website today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're doing awesome with your goals so far. I hope you're able to accomplish the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, it sounds to me like you're doing pretty well on your goals so far this year. They are all really good, thoughtful goals. And even if you only partially accomplish a lot of them, that's OK—it's still progress!

    Also, congratulations on increasing your follower count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, I appreciate the encouragement. And, you are right, progress is being made :)

      Delete
  14. Wow...150 books is an amazing goal! I'm going to be doing well if I make it to 50-75 for the year. I also need to work on new authors. I tend to gravitate to my go to ones and am a sucker for sequels. In regards to your followers...I have added you to my blogroll on my website. I love doing this so others can find great bloggers like you! You have a great website and I am glad you focus on Christian works, we need it in this world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Shellie, I really appreciate it!!! Not everyone can read 150+ books a year. I don't have a full time job, I am a fast reader, and I get a lot of audio books in as well :) Plus, I don't watch much tv/movies, etc.

      Delete
  15. You're doing great! I have so many series I need to finish. I think that needs to be a goal for 2024. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dedra, right?! Along with reading the books on our shelves. I was thinking about doing NO reading challenges for 2024 and making that a goal, LOL!

      Delete
  16. What is the goal you MOST want to hit by the end of the year? ---

    Read all the books currently on hold for me at the library is my most pressing goal. There are six and I have started one, "The Dutch House."

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! The goal I most want to hit is to have finished all my reading challenges for the year. I am on track, so hopefully I will get there. I would love to finish them early!

      Delete