Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday- Circus stories

Happy Tuesday my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Books Set In X (Pick a setting and share books that are all set there. This could be a specific continent or country, a state, in outer space, underwater, on a ship or boat, at the beach, etc.)  I decided to go with stories sent in or around the circus. I recently read three, so went on a search for others! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Stories set in or around the circus theme: 

The first three I have read, if you click on the cover it will take you to the review.

 

 

What are some books you have read that feature the circus? What did you do for today's topic? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below. 

26 comments:

  1. I am thinking of two other stories I enjoyed that are set in circuses. One is The Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett, one of Patchett's earliest novels. The other is The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme choice Cindy! The only circus book I've read is Water for Elephants. Have an awesome week!📚💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this theme. So fun.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, great choice! There aren't enough circus stories out there.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Circus settings can be lots of fun! Also, totally creepy, LOL. I've read a couple books like this: WATER FOR ELEPHANTS by Sara Gruen, which someone already mentioned, and THAT TIME I JOINED THE CIRCUS by J.J. Howard. There's also THE ORPHAN'S TALE by Pam Jenoff, which I loved.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only circus book I've read is Water for Elephants.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/cookbooks-for-book-lovers-gift-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am finding I do like some of the different takes on them.

      Delete
  7. I love a circus setting! The Lady and the Lionheart was so good. And if you haven't read The Night Circus; that one is amazing. One of my most favorite books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, nope, never heard of it. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. I immediately thought of The Life She Was Given by Ellen Marie Wiseman when thinking about books set in a circus. It was an emotional rollercoaster of a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Rebecca, those are the best type of stories!

      Delete
  9. What a fun list! So many books on your list I really want to read. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I haven't read all of these, just the first three. But, they do seem like great stories.

      Delete
  10. Nice! I've read four of these and heard of two others, but the rest were new to me. Great choice of topic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Circus settings are some of my favorites! I've read a few of these books and loved them all. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I think of circus settings, my mind immediately goes to Water for Elephants and The Night Circus. If you do not mind flowery writing styles, I highly recommend The Night Circus! It's my favorite book of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenn, I appreciate the recommendations.

      Delete
  13. Well. This is a REALLY fun topic! I read Joanne's (really good if I remember) and Kristy's The Ringmaster's Wife (I think). I love how creative (appropriate given the setting) the cover designs are too. :) Thanks for visiting my list on this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rissi! Always happy to stop by your blog :)

      Delete