Sunday, December 17, 2023

Falling For Your Brother's Best Friend

Title: Falling for Your Brother's Best Friend

Series: Love Cliches #4.5

Author: Emma St. Clair

Publisher: Create If Writing, LLC

Genre: RomCom, Humor, Contemporary Romance,

Source: Author Provided

My Review:

Another binge-worthy book from Emma St. Clair. While Falling For Your Brother's Best Friend was available last year to Emma's newsletter subscribers, it has been updated and expanded and is now available to everyone. 

I would love to reread the entire Love Cliche series to see how Chelsea and Mason fit in. I do remember some of the scenes with Chelsea. If I recall correctly, I didn't care for her much. However, I liked her and Mason in this story. She was relatable, and you couldn't help but feel sorry for her and some of the situations that she found herself in.

Mason is the perfect hero in this story. He has more to lose than anyone if he gets into a relationship with Chelsea and it goes south. He has been best friends with her brother for years, and their family is the only family he has really known.

While there is a lot of chemistry between Chelsea and Mason, there is nothing but kissing in the book, making this a fun, clean read. Plenty of Christmas scenes make it a great seasonal read. Falling For Your Brother's Best Friend is filled with witty dialogue and Emma St. Clair's trademark humor.

Thank you to Emma St. Clair for the opportunity to read this story. I was not required to provide a review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Older brothers are the worst. Older brother's best friends, however, are the BEST. Except when they don't seem to return your feelings...

My crush on my brother's best friend, Mason, has grown into something totally unmanageable over the years. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not a crush at all, but something bigger I'd rather not name.

And while I know Mason cares about me, I don't think he cares the way I WISH he would.

That is, unless my overbearing and uber protective brother has been standing in the way.

When Mason and I find ourselves sharing my brother's loft while he's gone, the dynamics start to shift. Sharing a space with your (possibly) unrequited crush is its own special kind of challenge.

But just maybe while the cat (aka my brother) is away, the mice (aka Mason and me) will finally get a chance to play???

Falling for Your Brother's Best Friend is a grumpy sunshine, roommates romcom that takes place in the Love Clichés world, right alongside Falling for Your Best Friend. You'll find characters to love, sizzling chemistry, and closed door romance.

*A previous version of this book was published only for newsletter subscribers, and this version has substantive changes in length and the story.

2 comments:

  1. This series sound fun, Love Clichés, I love that it's honest! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, it is one of my favorite romcom series. SO much humor.

      Delete