Friday, December 1, 2023

First Line Friday #112 - Absolutely Not in Love

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! I hope you all have a great day and weekend! First Line Friday is hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. This week I am reading Absolutely Not in Love by Jenny Proctor. It is the last 😢 book in the Sweater Weather series.

Hockey has a very distinct smell.

Book Beginnings:

Gracie

Hockey has a very distinct smell. Or at least, hockey gear.

I would recognize the stench anywhere, but why am I smelling it in my apartment building?

I drop my bag onto the landing at the top of the stairs and survey the short hallway that leads to my front door. 

Synopsis (Goodreads):  

My requirements for a man are simple. Must love books. Must NOT love hockey.

Which is why I will never be interested in my neighbor, the aloof and mysterious Felix Jamison, no matter how many books I see him hauling into his apartment. Unless he loses his pro hockey skates, I’m out.

But then he shows up at my symphony concert. And I catch the sweet strains of Bach floating across the hall. Have I mentioned how incredible he looks in his game day suit?

Still, my history with hockey is complicated. My older brother played, and let’s just say he stole enough limelight to land a plane at midnight. I was forced to be a part of that world for so long, now that I have a choice, it’s the last thing I want.

But something tells me Felix is about to change my mind…

Absolutely Not in Love is a closed-door hockey romcom with forced proximity, a bookish hockey goalie, a classical musician, and all the swoony chemistry you want.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fine book to snuggle up with this December. Can you believe the end of another year is at hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, trying to squeeze the last bit of fall out of the season before winter fully sets in, LOL! No, I can't believe it is almost the end of the year, it will be here before we know it.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to read this one; I love a good hockey romance. :D

    ReplyDelete