Friday, December 1, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #98, Sunday Post #95, Sunday Salon #89

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I had another busy week, which did not allow for much reading. I am REALLY hoping things settle down soon. We finally found out what the problem with my car is. It blew a hole in a cylinder in the engine. We have no idea how, but are still praising God that we were not hurt!! Still no word on when we will get the car back. I am planning for a relaxing Saturday, and Sunday evening we are headed to Mount Vernon, OH, to hear my daughter's choir perform Handel's Messiah. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 4 books this week and DNFed one. I need to finish one more review and it will be up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Snow Crossed Letters

Top Ten Tuesday: Circus Stories

Book Review: A Not So Fictional Fall

November Reading Wrap-Up 2023

Book Review: Surprise Christmas Family

First Line Friday #112-Absolutely Not in Love

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

34 comments:

  1. Did you go to a special event at Mount Vernon? We toured it recently and found it very interesting.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, my daughter's college is putting on Handel's Messiah, which is why we are going.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your car! And I hope you enjoy your weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, glad you weren't hurt! Hope your car can be sorted out without too much aggravation.

    And hope you get more time to read soon! I always feel weird when I don't have time to read.

    My STS post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no- I'm sorry to hear about the car! Thanks goodness you weren't hurt.

    Hope you have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to a performance of The Messiah this afternoon! I am very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, I wish ours was the afternoon instead of the evening. Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. A performance of the Messiah is such a great way to start the holiday season, especially if you know someone in the choir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're okay. I hope you get the car back soon and enjoy your daughter's performance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness you are okay, Cindy. Sorry to hear about the car, though. I hope you have a better week ahead 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew thank God that you guys are ok! Enjoy the performance and the visit with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the Messiah performance tonight... hope you get your car fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about the car, but glad you guys are alright. Hope this is a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, starting out exhausted, but hoping to recover, LOL!

      Delete
  12. I am sure by now you are enjoying the performance. Glad you have an easy-ish answer to your car trouble. Glad you are okay! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meezan. Yes, the performance was lovely, now onto the repairs!

      Delete
  13. I’m glad you weren’t hurt and I hope the repair bill isn’t too high. Have a great week Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so far behind on my reviews. I keep looking at the calendar wondering if I'll get all of them reviewed by the end of the year.

    Have a lovely month! Cheers! My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I'm sorry, that is a hard feeling. When I start to get overwhelmed I just do a short review, something is better than nothing, and sometimes you just need to do a short review.

      Delete
  15. Ouch that’s an expensive repair, I hope it’s completed quickly.
    Enjoy the recital

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blowing a hole in a cylinder in your car? That sounds very dangerous. I'm thankful you and your family were not hurt. I hope you are able to get your car repaired soon.

    I'm a huge fan of Handel's Messiah. I bet the event was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, yes, super thankful for our safety! The event was really good and I am glad we went.

      Delete
  17. Thinks: I really need to get myself a car.
    Reads Cindy's post about blowing a hole in a cylinder.
    Thinks: I don't really need to go anywhere, do I? No need to think about a car just yet. I've lived 8 months without one already. What's the rush?

    But yah, so glad you guys weren't hurt! I hope the Messiah performance was the perfect start to the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, LOL! Yeah, owning a car is not all it's cracked up to be, but then again, I can go where I want, when I want, no need to have to find transportation, so there is that ;)

      Delete