Thursday, January 18, 2024

Piecing It All Together

Title: Piecing it All Together Audiobook review

Series: Plain Patterns #1

Author: Leslie Gould

Narrator: Stina Nielsen

Publisher: Bethany House Publishers

Genre: Christian Fiction, Amish, Dual-time, Historical,

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Piecing It All Together surprised me in that it is a dual-time book. I was expecting it to be completely Amish, but it is also historical fiction.

I WISH I had had trigger warnings before I started the book. It is MUCH heavier in places than I can handle right now. That absolutely affected my enjoyment of the story and my rating.

Trigger Warnings: Death of child, stillborn baby, death of spouse.

Both story lines are well-written and the two timelines come together well. I don't want to write a negative review, but I will say this was not for me, not at this time. I wasn't pleased with some of the decisions that Savannah made, and some things just struck me as odd.

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

When Savannah Mast's fiance dumps her a week before their wedding, she flees California for the safety of her Amish grandmother's farm near Nappanee, Indiana. She's not planning on staying long but becomes unexpectedly entangled in the search for a missing Amish girl. She can't leave--especially not when her childhood friend Tommy Yoder is implicated as a suspect.

When Savannah accompanies her grandmother to Plain Patterns, a nearby quilt shop, the owner and local historian, Jane Berger, relates a tale about another woman's disappearance back in the 1800s that has curious echoes to today.

Inspired by the story, Savannah does all she can to find the Amish girl and clear Tommy's name. But when her former fiance shows up, begging her to return to California and marry him after all, she must choose between accepting the security of what he has to offer or continuing the complicated legacy of her family's faith.

6 comments:

  1. Thankful for you today friend. Hugs. Regine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Regine!! I appreciate your kind words!!

      Delete
  2. The death of a child, and a stillborn baby, would make this one a really hard read...and too sad for me right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this book was such a hard read for you. I hate when you go into a book thinking it's only fluff and you realize it's not. Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete