Saturday, January 20, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #105, Sunday Post #102, Sunday Salon #96

Hey bookish friends! This week was busy, but not as bad as it could have been. My MIL was supposed to go to rehab from the hospital, but the insurance denied it, so she is home. We had a big snow storm Friday which canceled all our sewing classes, but the snow is beautiful. We got 10 inches. This morning and afternoon was all work. Tonight we are ordering pizza and watching American Ninja Warriors. Tomorrow is church and relaxing the rest of the day. How are you doing?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library:


Kindle Freebies:

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 3 books again this week, which might become my new normal. I am still trying to get used to a busier schedule. My book club met on Thursday and we discussed The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady. We all loved it (which is rare for us to all enjoy the same book)!!

I have posted 3 times on my family blog, some random stuff, you can check the posts out here, if you are interested.

And, a few snow pictures

 

What you might have missed on the blog:

Top 5 Nonfiction Books of 2023

Book Review: Wildflower Falls by Denise Hunter

Top Ten Tuesday: My Bookish Goals for 2024

Book Review: The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady by Sharon J. Mondragón

Book Review: Piecing it All Together by Leslie Gould

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Sleep Smarter... ahaha. My problem is I know what to do and I don't (want to) do it. XD Hope you find it a helpful read!

    Nice snow pics. :D

    My STS post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky, I think we all know what we are SUPPOSED to do, LOL!

      Delete
  2. The snow looks pretty. I hope your MiL is healing well, even without the hoped-for rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be nice to get through three books a week. If only I didn't have a day job to distract me from reading.

    Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I understand. I am currently working 6 days a week. Audiobooks help too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, the snow on the tree is lovely!

    My brother with the broken leg is still waiting to hear from insurance about rehab---three weeks after surgery. Sending good thoughts and prayers for healing for your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb-I love the snow on the tree. I took probably a dozen pictures of it, LOL! I am so sorry your brother is still waiting to hear on rehab, it is SO frustrating. Praying he will hear something soon.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I hope that you MIL is ok!

    The snow is so pretty!! We had some fun snow time too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your MIL is able to go to rehab. Insurance is annoying. I love your snow photos! We got snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor MIL, I hope she is recovering alright at home.
    The snow does look pretty

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. i add 3 netgalley approvals to my netgalley account this week. I am focusing on cleaning out some of the backlog but all the new books look so good it hard not jump on them espeically when they send you a widget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I understand completely! I played that game for a long time. Now I am all about less pressure. I love Net Galley, but my library ends up getting most of the books, so I get to read them on my timeline ;)

      Delete
  9. I might need the sleep book. My biggest problem is that I stay up late to read, and have to wake up at 6:45 AM. It will not surprise you that I simply CANNOT stop reading at a reasonable time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, LOL, I totally get it. Our alarm clock goes off @5am...never enough sleep or time to read ;)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous snow pictures! I love American Ninja Warriors. It's so inspiring to see them run the course, and it looks really fun too! I couldn't do it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, LOL, I know. I am always like "I am not doing enough with my life" as I am eating dinner watching them run the courses, LOL!!!

      Delete
  11. Ugh! I hated insurance so much. It's great when they actually cover things, but they're so quick to deny things. Right now, I'm fighting with mine because they keep denying two of meds. I've been on these meds for several years and my insurance had no problem covering them until last October. I hope things work out and that your MIL will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, insurance companies have WAY too much power.

      Delete
  12. We were supposed to get between 8-12 inches of snow last weekend, but then the temps stayed warmer than they thought they would, so it ended up as rain instead. Which isn't as pretty, but I don't have to shovel rain, so I was glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, LOL. We will be getting rain Tuesday-Friday, so all the snow will be gone and we will have muddy messes everywhere.

      Delete
  13. Ooh look at that snow! Your weekend plans sound good. All best to your MIL as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great snow pics! I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's crazy that your MIL's surgery denied rehab! What's she supposed to do? Follow along with rehab videos on YouTube?

    That snow is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer-she will still have home rehab, not sure how often though.

      Delete
  16. We had a foot of snow fall this past week which is very unusual for us! I’m sorry to hear your MIL was denied rehab. Crazy! Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't imagine what 10 inches of snow looks like!!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those snow pictures are pretty! We got a lot of cold temps, but no snow. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL being denied rehab. My mom had a similar thing happen this past summer. She broke her hip, but wasn't able to get into rehab. The at-home rehab people came once, showed her some exercises to do and never came back. It's so frustrating dealing with insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sorry your mother-in-law was denied rehab. Will you try to appeal the decision? My mother-in-law has run into so many issues with her insurance--the paperwork has to be worded just so for them to accept it. She's had to submit the same claim multiple times before it is approved sometimes. It's ridiculous.

    I do love photos of the snow but am so glad I don't live with it. LOL I do not like the cold.

    I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete