Friday, January 12, 2024

Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire

Title: Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire

Series: Oakley Island #3

Author: Emma St. Clair & Jenny Proctor

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance

Source: Author Provided

My Review:

I was so excited to finally read Sadie's story in Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire. The first two books set the scene perfectly for Sadie and Ben. I highly recommend reading the series in order. 

I really need to stop seeming so eager. I'm practically a Labrador retriever waiting for someone to throw me a stick.

I was here for: 

⚓witty banter

⚓hidden gems of wisdom

⚓Banjo

⚓yacht setting

⚓character growth (Sadie & Ben)

⚓slow burn romance

⚓the epilogue

⚓ super bonus epilgue

I hate that almost twenty-seven, I'm still turning to unhealthy coping mechanisms I used as a kid. I've been through therapy, for crying out loud! Shouldn't I be better about things like this?

Sadie is the middle sister and has always been the peacemaker between her sisters, Merritt (the oldest) and Eloise (aka Lo, the youngest). However, with them both living on Oakley Island and married, Sadie is feeling a little displaced. When something comes up at work, and she needs to get out of Dodge, she immediately heads to her sisters', not realizing the danger she is taking with her.

Ben is a billionaire, with a playboy image. Sadie is determined not to like him, even though they have had a battle of wits going for a few years. Forced proximity has Sadie questioning everything she thought she knew about Ben.

I appreciated the authors mixing things up with a minor mystery. Unfortunately, it fell short for me. It needed more, or to not be there at all. It did not spoil my enjoyment of the story, and again, I appreciate the author's attempt. The biggest annoyance to me was the minor cussing. It's not a lot (maybe 5-6 times the entire book), but it was enough to annoy me and pull me out of the story each time.

Thank you to the authors for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

I will NOT fall for the smart-mouthed, pretty-boy billionaire who owns Oakley Island. But his yacht is another story …

Love and happily-ever-after? It’s not for me. I’m much happier keeping everyone at arm’s length, focusing on my government cybersecurity work.

But then I push things a little too far and hack my way into trouble. When I need to lay low and stay off the radar for a bit, what better place to do so than on Oakley Island with my sisters?

With limited housing options, I reluctantly agree to stay on the yacht of the very annoying Benedict King—the billionaire who has been messing—flirting?—with me since we met.

I did NOT agree, however, to a voyage out to sea.

But I wake up to find the yacht that should be docked and empty somewhere in the Atlantic with two government agents tasked with babysitting me and one Benedict King.

Who also lied about being my boyfriend.

Typical rich man—thinking he can take whatever he wants.

But he won’t take my heart. Not even when I see his softer side, see behind his walls, see the real man behind the reputation.

Honestly, this might be more dangerous than any of the other trouble I stirred up. Because if I fall for Benedict King, I’m not sure there’s any hope of rescue.

Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire is a closed door romantic comedy with mild suspense, sizzling kisses, and a boat full of witty banter. The Oakley Island Romcoms follow three very different sisters as they renovate the house they inherited and find love on the island along the way. The stories are standalone, but if you like continuous stories, we recommend reading them in order. Each book is closed-door, with sizzling chemistry and swoony kisses only.

4 comments:

  1. I loved her book about Eloise, but I haven't read this one yet. Sadie's and Ben's romance sounds like a cute one. I like the humor in St. Clair's books. (Though I could probably do without the minor mystery.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, their romance is cute and of course the humor is on point!

      Delete
  2. This sounds fun. I'll put the first one on my TBR. :D I'm glad you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete