Saturday, January 13, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #104, Sunday Post #101, Sunday Salon #95

Hey bookish friends! This week was back to the grind! I went back to work (nanny job) on Monday. That afternoon I looked out the window and there was a puddle under my car! Guess what went back into the shop on Tuesday?! My MIL also went into the hospital on Monday, with some kind of infection (she had knee replacement surgery the Wednesday before). Wednesday my daughter went back to college and my husband took a mental health day (we needed it!). We also realized there was a puddle in one of the rooms of the basement, so we have a small leak. Thursday I got my car back again! This morning was all work, I am fighting a migraine and I HOPE to relax the rest of this day :) How are you doing?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library:

Kindle Freebies:

 
 
 
 

Is must be time to start reading all the books languishing on my Kindle...especially if I am going to start paying attention to freebie's again 😂🤦

Book Mail: (for review)


Bought: I have this one out from the library, but I am tabbing SO many places I decided it would be a great one to own.


 Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week, which might become my new normal. I am still trying to get used to a busier schedule. 

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Dolly Parton Behind the Seams

Book Review: The Sheriff's Promise

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated 1st quarter new releases of 2024

Book Review: Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

35 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good year in reading in 2024!!
    Best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeesh, hope your car's back to normal now! For good, this time.

    And of course, hope you enjoy the new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky, me too! I hope your eye is healing well!

      Delete
  3. That week had a bit too much adventure. I hope thing are getting better, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a hectic week! I hope you're feeling better from the migraine. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I hope the car repair folks were able to fix the fix, so to speak. Apparently they didn't quite fix it the first time. Sending good thoughts and prayers for your mil and the migraine. Fortunately you have some great books to carry you through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! You had A WEEK. The Cost of Control looks so interesting. I'm putting it on request right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks! I hope you enjoy it too! My shipment arrived, and the book was not in the package! It was EMPTY! I was so disappointed, but hopefully it will be here this week!

      Delete
  7. That's the trouble with cold weather - it tends to hammer cars very unkindly! Glad you've got yours back and hope all is now well with it. And that the coming week isn't quite so hectic for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car troubles had nothing to do with the weather. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. We've got a decent amount of snow, but the temps and windchill is what is bad right now. We had snow days on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, but Eleanor I were also sick this week, so we didn't go to school on Wednesday and Thursday. We may have another day off on Tuesday if the temps and wind stay as they are. Hope the migraine gets better for you. I am down to my last pill for my daily migraine med, and I wasn't able to get my refill this week yet because of the snow and temps and being sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, so sorry you all have been sick! We've had a little snow, less than an inch each time, I think, so it's not bee too bad.

      Delete
    2. We have another snow day tomorrow, because of the wind chill being so low still. Eleanor and I went to the grocery store to get my meds today and roads were still slick in a lot of place. We are both still dealing with stuffy noses and this cough, but on the mend! Hope your migraine is better now.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a crazy week for you. I hope everything is good now and that your migraine is gone. Your books look so good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, the migraine is gone and I am so thankful! I hope to remember to read the books, LOL!

      Delete
  10. I hope your MIL feels better soon. I also hope the car is fixed for good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe how invested I have gotten with the Saga of your car! I was like Noooo!! when I saw your car went back to the shop on Tuesday, and then Whew!! when I saw you got it back on Thursday! Sorry your MIL had to go to the hospital, I hope she's feeling better and that you and your husband had a good mental health day. Hope you have a better week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! You've had quite the week! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she's doing better. I hope the leak isn't too bad and you can get that fixed quickly and inexpensively.

    How I hate car woes! Before the car we have now, we had a car that Corey and I always said ran on divine intervention because while it went to the shop a lot, it should've died a long time before it did. I hope your car's doing better after and no longer leaking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no about the car! You just never know, right?? And good luck to your mom in law!

    Leaks... ugh. We're having a snowstorm and there's a ton of snow on the roof and we had some water leaking inside a window casing. Always something :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wild Mint Tea looks like such a cute book! I wish it was still free. I added it to my Kindle watch list. Hope you have a have a good reading week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! I hope everyone is better this week, or on the mend at least. And The Cost of Control is going on my list. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, yay! I hope you love it as much as I do!!

      Delete
  16. What a week! I hope your MIL is better and things are much calmer. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your mother-in-law is better and your migraine didn't get too bad this weekend. I often wish we weren't so dependent on our cars. If it's not one thing, it's another. I hope the leak in the basement is an easy fix. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete