Friday, February 23, 2024

First Line Friday #116 Kissing For Keeps + Review

Happy Friday, my bookish friends!I hope you all have a great day and weekend! First Line Friday is hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. This week I am read Kissing for Keeps by Martha Keyes. 

I flip open my computer and pull up the spreadsheet titled "Wedding of the Century." 

Book Beginnings:

I flip open my computer and pull up the spreadsheet titled "Wedding of the Century." You'd think I'd reserve that title for my own wedding, but it just shows you how much I love my best friend Madi--and how determined I am to be the best maid of honor in history.

Or maybe I lack confidence in my own odds of getting married. Both are valid theories.

Coordinating a wedding with someone who lives thousands of miles away has its challenges, the time difference foremost among them.

 Title: Kissing for Keeps Series: Sheppards in Love #1 Author: Martha Keyes Narrators: Ariel Royce & Christopher Rourke Publisher: Paradigm Press Genre: Contemporary Romance, Fiction, Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Kissing for Keeps is the first book I have read by Martha Keyes, but it will not be my last. I listened to it on audio, and the narrators did alright for the most part, but sometimes their inflections really got on my nerves.

Siena's pride has taken a hit, and she feels like a failure. She has major control issues but doesn't realize it. She is the queen of taking on more than she can handle. This is how she finds herself in over her head planning her best friend's wedding and heading to France way earlier than planned.

Jack is her best friend's brother, a supposed playboy, irresponsible, and completely off-limits. However, he brings humor and fun with him wherever he goes. Sienna is stunned when he changes his flight to France to help her with his sister's wedding.

Read for:

✈ Wedding in France

Dual POV

Best Friend's Brother

Second Chance

Witty Banter

Reconciliation

Character growth 

Close proximity troupe

This was a fun read, with lots of humor, and teasing. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys RomComs, especially one set in France 😀.

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

History has a way of repeating itself…

SIENA
Coming on the heels of a big, fat failure at work, my best friend Madi’s glamorous French wedding is the perfect opportunity to prove I can do some things well—even if it kills me, which is looking like a distinct possibility. Maid of honor duties are no joke. And while I could honestly use an extra hand or ten, I have to refuse the offer of help from Madi’s flirt of a brother, Jack. Nothing would spoil the beautiful wedding festivities faster than her finding out about that thing that happened between Jack and me that one time…

Not that there’s any danger of it happening again. It was so long ago, I’ve forgotten everything about it, down to the brand of his cologne. Aqua Di Gio is so utterly predictable.

JACK
I admit, I haven’t been the best brother to Madi. Okay, slight understatement—a history of dating her friends and ruining those friendships has landed me squarely in her black books.

But my offer to help Siena isn’t some underhanded scheme to hurt Madi a third time. I genuinely want to be a better brother. And as for teasing Siena in the meantime? That’s just standard procedure for me.

Because everything is totally normal here. Nothing to see, folks.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

13 comments:

  1. I can see how this book would be a fun read. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I would like. I'm going to add it to my list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I would like this one. A wedding, second chance romance, close proximity, and witty banter . . . I probably would go for the print version though given your take on the audio version. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, yes, I would too :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a fun contemporary romance. I'm glad you liked it despite the narrator getting on your nerves a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books look so fun! I don't think I picked this one up, but maybe the second one I did? I cannot remember. I read about a book and add it to my B&N cart, then if I place an order, I do through the cart and select a few to actually order because buying them all at once isn't an option. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I understand that completely! I am looking forward to reading more by her.

      Delete