Thursday, February 22, 2024

Head Over Stilettos

Title: Head over Stilettos

Series: The Fab Forties #2

Author: Liwen Y. Ho

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Romcom, Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

Head Over Stilettos is the second book in the Fab Forties series by Liwen Y. Ho. While the characters from the first book make appearances, it is not necessary to read them in order to enjoy the story. 

This is the second book I have read by this author, and I found it the same as the first book, just okay. I wanted to love it, but I didn't. There were a lot of coincidences at the beginning, which I didn't buy. Graham just happens to be the same Graham that Josie had a crush on when she was twelve and he was twenty-two, and neither one has gotten married in the last thirty years? Really?

Josie is prissy, prejudiced, and stuck up at the beginning. She is hard to like. While she mellows as the story unfolds, it's not believable. The pacing is off in the story, it's more like insta-love, and then they are super serious. I could go on, but we will say it wasn't the book for me. I might try this author again, but I am done with this series.

Read for:

Age Gap

Second chance (sort of)

Dual POV 

humor

insta-love

clean romance

light faith

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

All this plumber wants is a crack at romance.

Josie

My friend was supposed to refer me to a plumber. Instead, she sends a Hugh Jackman lookalike to my bridal boutique. Wearing a leather jacket and tight jeans. And riding a motorcycle. The sight is almost enough to make me forget about my nearly-doomed grand opening, especially when I recognize Graham as my childhood crush.

Graham

Sure, Josie once proposed marriage to me, but that was when she was twelve. Fast forward thirty years, and we’re both adults now. She’s single, gorgeous, and definitely not the kind of girl to fall for a plumber. But that doesn’t stop me from wanting to change her mind.

Josie

The last thing my fragile heart needs right now is a blast from the past that leaves me red-hot and mortified. Who knew Graham would still remember my proposal? What’s crazier is that he said if I asked him to marry me today, he’d say yes!

Graham

Wooing clients isn’t usually part of my services, but when it comes to Josie, love might not be just a pipe dream after all. But proving to her that I’m the real deal will be the biggest challenge of this job … especially if I can’t get her leaky toilet fixed in time!

The Fab Forties series was written by an over-40 author with readers of all ages in mind. This rom-com is guaranteed to tickle your funny bone and help you escape reality. So, sit back, relax, and be prepared to laugh!

*This story first appeared in Love, Laughter and Happily Ever After, a rom-com collection that hit the USA Today bestsellers list in July 2021. It has since been expanded with four brand new chapters for your reading pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment