Monday, July 8, 2024

Gia and the Blast From the Past

Title: Gia and the Blast From the Past

Series: The Gustafson Girls #4

Author: Becky Doughty

Narrator: Becky Doughty

Publisher: Bravehearts Press

Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance,

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Gia and the Blast From the Past is the fourth and final book in the Gustafson Girls series. I highly recommend reading them in order since each book builds upon the one before it, and this is an epic conclusion to the series! Just as in the previous books, Becky Doughty narrates this one as well and I am in awe of how she kept each character's voice unique and consistent throughout the series.

In my last review, I mentioned that Phoebe and the Rock of Ages left on a cliffhanger, which is not brought up again until the middle of this book.

It's funny because I feel like I got to know Gia from the other three books, but in this one (about her!) she is not like herself 😂. Once I acknowledged it, she did too in the story. Throughout the story, Gia seems to be having an identity crisis. I got so annoyed with her but had to remember that she was still young.

Holy cow I did NOT see the plot twist coming!! The title totally makes sense and it was not what I thought it would be!!!

I don't want to risk giving anything away, so that is all I will say. I highly recommend the entire series. 

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

When Gia comes face to face with a past she didn't know she had, will she trust in a future she can't control?

Gia Gustafson is officially coming of age... but now what? Her world seems to be standing still while everything and everyone around her is moving at lightning speed.

Her best friend, Ricky Zander, has gone rogue, her grandparents have grown old overnight, and her sisters have all found their happily-ever-afters.

Because life isn't confusing enough, the gorgeous new guy at work is doing his best to sweep Gia off her feet, and Ricky is none too happy about it.

But when a stranger she'd recognize anywhere shows up unannounced on her doorstep, Gia isn't so sure she's ready to grow up, after all.

If you like family sagas and series about sisters, you'll love Gia and the Blast from the Past and the rest of The Gustafson Girls series. Clean and Wholesome, Christian Contemporary Romance with the Coming of Age and Family Life themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment