Saturday, July 6, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #127, Sunday Post #124, Sunday Salon #118

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I thought I was going to have more time to read and blog this week than I actually did. Technically, I was on a mini-vacay and went to TN with my family to visit my sister and her family, and my brother and his family. There was not much downtime, and we spent all day today (Saturday) traveling home. We did make time to go to McKay's while we were there, but instead of going to the one in Knoxville, we visited the one near Chattanooga, which was a nice change.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: None because I was out of town and couldn't pick them up 😂

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: You all, I went into a used bookstore and only bought 3 books, who even am I?? My son bought about 20, and my daughter 6, my husband 0, which is normal for him. He loves books but won't buy them for himself!!

 

I have read and enjoyed The Unlikley Yarn of the Dragon Lady. It was on my Amazon book wishlist, but when I saw it in McKay's for $2.50, I snatched it up to add to my collection. You can click on the book cover if you want to see my review. The other two books are new to me as are the authors, so we will see (eventually!) what I think of them.

Other updates:

I finished four books this week (all of them started before this week) and am caught up on reviews. Here is a picture of the McKay's bookstore, the fireworks, and my sister's pool:

 

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: The Bookish Bandit by Erica Dansereau & Britt Howard

June 2024 Reading Wrap Up

Book Review: Phoebe and the Rock of Ages by Becky Doughty

Book Review: The Summer of Keeping Secrets by Jill Lynn

Book Review: Spines and Leaves (Novella) by Chautona Havig

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

29 comments:

  1. That pool looks great for the weather we have been enjoying lately. It’s fun to get fireworks photos, isn’t it?
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I love my sister's pool and it was super hot at her house, so perfect pool weather!

      Delete
  2. I rarely buy books for myself, too, but I do add them to my wishl ist and point people in the right direction during gift giving seasons (my birthday and Christmas). Lol. Have a great Sunday and a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meezan, I don't seem to have trouble buying books for myself or others, LOL!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely time. The pool looks great. The books look good. I don't tend to buy books for myself. I may buy them then ask my partner to give them to me for either mother's day, my birthday or Christmas 😂

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/07/06/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-childrens-edition-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a good day when I get to go to a bookstore. Only three books?! Yes, that is definitely restraint.

    I am also a big fan of pools. It's been so hot here that the only places I can get relief are indoors in the air conditioning or in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Yes, big time restraint, LOL! I love pools but have not found any here in Ohio to visit yet, and the weather hasn't quite been conducive to them either.

      Delete
  5. Is McKays the used bookstore that is there? I want to go to Chattanooga one day - there is another bookstore there that I want to visit. The Book and Cover. Other than that I know nothing about the city! One of my favorite vloggers lives there, Alexandra Roselyn. Your bookstore shopping trip sounds very successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, it is. I didn't know about The Book and Cover or I would have tried to see that one too, LOL!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you got some time away! Hope you have a great week this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bookstores and time spent in swimming pools sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, the best kind of vacation for sure.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe you only bought a handful of books at a huge bookstore, but if you are like me, we have enough already! Glad you had some family time and did things that kept you busy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yes, I have more than enough, but I also wasn't loving their prices.

      Delete
  9. I hope you had a nice visit with your family. I'm sorry there wasn't much down time. I'm glad you made it home safely. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, I did have a nice visit, just not as relaxing as normal.

      Delete
  10. Its been so long since I went to a real bookstore, but there's no way I could have left with just a couple of books. Bookstores are dangerous for me. LOL Sounds like you had a nice trip and a nice week. Hope this is a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, usually that is the case with me as well, I must have been having an off day, LOL!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing about your trip to see family. Pictures are lovely and activities fun. Saw it a Sunday Salon. Wishing you more time for reading this week and just as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  12. That pool looks very inviting! I’m glad you enjoyed your trip. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, the pool was amazing!! I don't get to swim very often but it is always a treat.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you had a great time away and awesome list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a fun time. Only three books? Gasp! Glad you made it back safely and can now read your new books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-jul-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, yes, I know! LOL, my husband said somebody better check me for a fever, LOL! I did have a good time.

      Delete
  15. I never seem to accomplish as much as I want on a vacation. It sounds like you had a nice time in Tennessee though! Your son more than made up for you only buying three books. LOL The ones you did get look like they will be good. I am glad you enjoyed The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady! I hope you have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete