Thursday, August 22, 2024

Miles Bailey Gets Down On One Knee

Title: Miles Bailey Gets Down On One Knee

Series: Another Bailey Brother #3

Author: Jen Atkinson

Publisher: JA Books

Genre: Contemporary Romance, RomCom, Fiction,

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

Another Bailey brother? Yes, please! I was shocked when I saw Miles Bailey Gets Down on One Knee. After bingeing the first two books in the series I knew Miles was not dating anyone. 

I have to admit, when I first started reading I wasn't sure if I was going to like Delaney. I was thankful the reality show she was on wasn't the main focus of the book. I adore Miles and I ended up loving this story.

Read for:

💍marriage of convenience

💍Opposites attract

💍the Bailey family

💍Alice (her scenes are just so funny and sweet)

💍discovering what's important

💍Miles's students (disability rep)

💍the chemistry

💍forced proximity

💍LOL moments

While this is a fabulous romcom, it is also a story with heart and depth. Delaney's family is a mess, and both characters experience growth. I could go on and on about how sweet the story is, but do us both a favor and just go read it. However, if you have not read the first two in the series, I insist you read them first 😉.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

I am Delaney Jones, courageous enough to defy my mother, fearless enough to leave my successful rock band, and daring enough to propose to a perfect stranger.
Delaney:
Miles wasn’t planned.
Which kind of made him perfect.

Sure, I’d just said no—to a load of handsome men on a reality show designed to find me a husband, but I didn’t want any of them.

I don’t want Miles either—at least, I think I don’t. It’s the perfect scenario because, unlike all those guys on that show, he doesn’t want me either. No broken hearts.

Can’t we all just play nice? A convenient, image-building marriage without all the bitter rejection? That’s all I’m asking.

Yep, Miles is perfect for the job.
Or at least he would be if my heart would stop betraying me every time he walked into the room.

Miles:
She gave me one job.
One.
Don’t fall in love with her.

That’s all I have to do and my stagnant career is going to take off, like a rocket.
As long as I follow the rules.

But Delaney never mentioned how very difficult those rules would be to follow. She makes them difficult. If I’d known I wasn’t just entering a marriage of convenience, but a DEFCON two marriage, I may have thought twice before slipping that gold band on her finger.

Marry the girl. Check.
Be seen with the girl. Check.
Don’t fall in love with the girl. Crap.

6 comments:

  1. I asked my library to purchase this series of books. Fingers crossed that they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I will for sure be hoping they get them!! I have really loved this series!

      Delete
  2. oh girl, you've had a bounteous reading summer! i hope to pick up the tempo a bit this fall. thanks for the nudge to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I always read a lot :) I love it and find time to get reading in.

      Delete
  3. Until seeing this series here, I hadn't head of these books but they sure sound (and look) awfully cute. Plus those titles are really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rissi, I LOVED this series!! It was so cute and fun!

      Delete