Thursday, August 22, 2024

The Storm Inside

Title: The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are

Author: Sheila Walsh

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Genre: Christian Nonfiction, self-help, Christian Living

Source: Own

My Review:

I don't know what to say about The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are by Sheila Walsh. 

I just thoughe book was okay. It felt heavy with the stories she told at the beginning of each chapter, and it was just too much for me. Maybe I am not in the right season to read it, but it did not resonate with me.

It was well-written and had practical advice in it.

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

 Women feel the storm activity all around. We find ourselves teetering somewhere between everyday chaos and crisis. We can feel a storm brewing, we are in the middle of a storm, or we are facing the aftermath of a storm. But don't be afraid because it is possible to grow through turbulent times. Storms show you what's really going on inside, reveal what you really believe, and actually make you stronger. In this powerful book Sheila will help

2 comments:

  1. Some books just don't hit right with us in our season, you are right. I thought about trying this one but I'll be warned it might be a bit heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, and it could totally be my mood, hard to know.

      Delete