Monday, August 26, 2024

Sanctuary Lost

Title: Sanctuary Lost

Series: WITSEC Town #1

Author: Lisa Phillips

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense

Source: Kindle Own

My Review:

I have owned Sanctuary Lost on my Kindle for years. I wish it had not taken me so long to get to Lisa Phillips's book, I really enjoyed it. 

I love the unique plotline of the story. A WITSEC town that you can only get to by helicopter. No one can easily get in or out. No one (other than a few select people) even knows the town exists. When U.S. Marshall John Mason is sent there to be the sheriff, he is told nothing ever happens there. Well, on his first night there, everything changes with the town's first ever-murder.

While I easily figured out one of the bad guys, the other ones were a little harder to figure out. I wasn't completely surprised when it was revealed, I feel like I should have known. There is a bit of graphic details related to the murder (which is easy to skip), and a light romance. 

I loved John's bond with his brother's and how he was trying to be a good father to Pat. Pat was a sweet kid who had been dealt a few hard blows, but was fairly resilient. 

Overall, a good story, and I want to continue reading the series to see what happens next.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

U.S. Marshal John Mason gains full custody of his son and is transferred to Sanctuary, a witness protection town that isn't on any map. When the town's first ever murder occurs, John's plans to reconnect with his boy are derailed by the investigation. Andra Caleri gave up her old life a long time ago, but someone wants her out of Sanctuary--to pay. As accusations fly and John uncovers a conspiracy that stretches all the way to Washington, Andra's past comes back in a true test of the mercy she received. Can John give up what he wants the most to bring the truth to light? 

4 comments:

  1. Looks good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regine, I enjoyed it. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. Pretty sure I had this one on my shelf at one point... but I think I've since unhauled it just because I never read it. I know my mother reads lots by Lisa, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, it was really good, a very unique concept! I am looking forward to reading more of this series!

      Delete