Tuesday, July 21, 2026

TTT-Memorable Books

Happy Tuesday my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic isBooks That Live in My Head Rent-Free (Stolen from Emma @ damppebbles.com). I am not entirely sure what this means, but I am going to go with memorable books. As someone who does not remember a lot of details about the books I read, i am going to go with books that I can remember stuff about. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Top Ten Tuesday-8 Memorable books

The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. This one had a profound effect on me, once I caught the meaning! (yeah, I was a little slow). There is also a movie about it now, but the book is better. 

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer-this book is so far outside my comfort zone. I don't read vampires, fantasy, paranormal, young adult...yet here we are, LOL! I didn't read it for the hype, I read it because a friend gifted it to me and I didn't want to lie if she asked if I read it. I loved it.
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. I listened to this with my kids on a road trip years ago. We loved the sisters and their dog!
Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges, this one was very eye opening and thought provoking.
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Another thought provoking book, and it taught me about gratitude in a different way.
Mind Games by Nancy Mehl-Kaely Quinn is a profiler, who happens to have a father who is a murderer. Yeah, sort that out, LOL.
Collision of Lies by Tom Threadgill. They dynamics between Amara Alvarez and her co-workers are hilarious. This is straight up suspense, no romance.
Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green-this is still my favorite of hers, even though she has written several since. A snippet of my review: Johanna is the main character and I loved her sharp wit and humor. Yes, humor. I never expected to laugh out loud or be snickering through a "historical" read, but that is exactly what I did. Especially in the letters that never got sent. It was really refreshing to see a book that could have really been heavy, given the nature of the story (war), written in such an effortless way, that really kept my attention.

Have you read any of these? 
What topic did you go with this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

18 comments:

  1. Many of us struggled with this topic this week. You’re not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Twilight definitely could have been on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nieces love (maybe it sticks in their brain?) another book by Francine Rivers, Redeeming Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I have read that one as well, and liked it. And, while I know what the story is based on, I don't actually remember anything about it.

      Delete
  4. Nice list. Have a good week. Here is my TTT. https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2026/07/21/top-ten-tuesday-36-books-that-live-in-my-head-rent-free/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Penderwicks is one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list! I’ve read two of the Twilight books in the past couple of years and really enjoyed them! 😆I’ve read a few of your list and I’m so due for rereading! I want to try Respectable Sins, yikes. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! I still have to read one of Amy's books (they look good!!) and I have read a couple by Nancy. Don't think I ever read The Last Sin Eater but when it came out, I did see the film. Cannot remember what I thought though. Too long ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twilight should have been on my list if I’d made one!
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twilight was on my list too!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/21/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-books-that-live-in-my-head-rent-free/

    ReplyDelete