
Series: Maya Davis #1
Author: Erynn Mangum
Source: Own
My Review:
Okay, I loved this book. Maya Davis is quirky and fun. She tells the truth with no filter. I love that she writes everything down on sticky notes. And, of course, her caffeine addiction amused me. Her friendship with Jack is fun and flirty (although she doesn't recognize that it is flirty).
While this book is geared toward teens, I appreciated that it wasn't immature, nor really young adultish. The characters are in their twenties, so young, still trying to figure life out. I am not a huge animal person, but even Maya's dog Calvin cracked me up!
This is Christian fiction, and Maya is struggling with things and growing in her faith. It is not cheesy; it is written authentically. The characters are hilarious, even if some of the situations are not.
I can't say enough good things about this one. I immediately started the second book in the series so that I can continue in Maya's world a little longer, LOL!
★★★★/5
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Everything seems to be going perfectly for Maya. She has a great job at a coffee shop, gets along with her parents, and
is happily single. That is until her best friend starts dating Maya’s
high school sweetheart.
This funny, heartwarming fiction story by
best-selling author Erynn Mangum uses the power of story to challenge
teens to discover the relevance of faith in their relationships and
their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment