
Series: Sunkissed Summer
Author: Jen Atkinson
Narrators: Rylee Kuberra & Brandon Bonavir
Source: Hoopla
My Review:
Aloha, Hawaii!
Meg is not spontaneous, nor adventuresome. Yet, somehow she finds herself on vacation in Hawaii. That's okay; she'll just sit and read on the beach.
However, Kal comes barreling into her life, and everything changes. Next thing you know, it's one adventure after another. Some are hilarious, some are sweet, all are life-changing.
This is a quick, fun read (or listen; I enjoyed the narration), perfect for a little escape to Hawaii (unfortunately, you will only be transported in the book, lol).
★★★★/5
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Sometimes even the most responsible and sensible of girls needs a vacation...
I
had big summer plans... none of which included Hawaii. I was going to
garden. I was going to paint my fence. I was going to purchase a
hamster.
Hawaii was never the plan.
When my weasel ex tried to steal our vacation tickets for himself and his new girlfriend, it just happened.
So, I'm in Hawaii. On vacation. Sure, I've got expectations...
I
expect reading on the beach. I expect mocktails by the pool. I expect a
week of twiddling my thumbs and organizing my photos app.
I did not expect Kal.
Somehow
my new Samoan god-like acquaintance convinces me to spend my week
exploring, to spend it spontaneous, to spend it adventuring.
To spend it with him.
No, Kal was something I never expected, neither was falling in love.
Her Runaway Vacay is
part of the Sunkissed Summer Novellas, a multi-author series about six
former college roommates. They've gone their separate ways but love is
going to find them all in the exact same summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment