Saturday, February 26, 2022

A Stranger's Game

Title: A Stranger's Game

Author: Colleen Coble

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Genre: Suspense, Romance, Christian Fiction

Source: Library

My review:

Colleen Coble has been one of my favorite authors for romantic suspense for a long time. Her stories are gripping and unique.

A Stranger's Game is a stand alone novel. It had a bit of a slower start but enough to keep me engaged and moving forward. I enjoyed getting to know Torie, Joe, and Hailey. I especially loved Joe's job and his relationship with his daughter, Hailey.

Somewhere in the story I got a little lost. One character mentioned something about another character in a way that suggested we had already been introduced to the character. I did not recall that name and it was never mentioned again. I did not understand why it was there, but continued to read. 

I enjoyed the story but did not love it as much as I normally would have. I am not sure what the problem is, the writing was good, the story was good, I guess I was not following and connecting to it. 

★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

A gripping new stand-alone novel from USA TODAY bestselling romantic suspense author Colleen Coble.

A wealthy hotel heiress.

Torie Bergstrom hasn’t been back to Georgia since she was ten, but she’s happy to arrange a job for her best friend at one of the family properties on Jekyll Island.

A suspicious death.

When Torie learns that her best friend has drowned, she knows this is more than a tragic accident: Lisbeth was terrified of water and wouldn’t have gone swimming by choice.

A fight for the truth.

Torie goes to the hotel under an alias, trying to find answers. When she meets Joe Abbott and his daughter rescuing baby turtles, she finds a tentative ally.

But the more they dig, the more ties they find to Torie’s mother’s death twenty years before. Someone will risk anything—even more murder—to hide the truth.

5 comments:

  1. I don't read enough romantic suspense. This does sound exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this one wasn't as good as her other books. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow the cover doesn't quite fit that synopsis. Or do I have it completely wrong here?

    Don't know the author, but let me check some of her work.

    Have a good day Cindy!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete