Friday, December 16, 2022

First Line Friday #72- The Cubicle Next Door

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link). This week I am reading The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell. I have been wanting to read this one all year!!!

So what do you think, Jackie?

Book Beginnings:

"So what do you think, Jackie?"

What do I think? Funny Joe should ask me. He's just finished reading my blog. He's just quoted me to myself. Or is it myself to me? Do I sound surreal, as if I'm living in parallel universes?

I am!

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Siri Mitchell's insightful, funny chick-lit style shines in this story of putting up walls and tearing them down--all for love.

Jackie Harrison, a computer administrator at the Air Force Academy, is a self-proclaimed geek who must share her cubicle space with the new guy, instructor and former pilot Joe Gallagher. She turns to her online journal to vent and eventually to express growing feelings toward this office neighbor who is everything she is not--fun, happy, and social.

But when her blog is featured as a top pick on primetime news, everyone reads it--including Joe. Will he figure out the words of adoration and confusion are written about him? And will Jackie ever risk expressing her heart offline?

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I've read a few of Siri Mitchell's historical books (and loved them) but haven't gotten around to her contemporaries yet. Hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, it is! I can't wait to get into it more! Have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  2. Perfect fun and uplifting weekend read Cindy!

    Have fun!!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, if I get the time ;) Still trying to get the house settled!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like some delightful reading. Hope you get plenty of time to enjoy it!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read! Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first line comes from All the Lost Places by Amanda Dykes, which I just finished.
    Prologue
    Once upon the dawn of time, there was water. Before there were stars, before the Maker set life into earth, breath into lungs, beast ir man to roam…there was water. Dark and reaching, stirred not by wind but by the spirit of the Almighty himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh...this one does sound like a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks adorable!! Since I spent 20 years in the Air Force, this is particularly interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I am really enjoying it. I think it is even better because the main character writes blog posts, LOL!

      Delete
  8. I'm reading The Veteran's Holiday Home by Lee Tobin McClain. The first line is: Principal Ashley Green looked at the redheaded, freckle-faced eleven-year-old in front of her and tried to maintain a stern expression." Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete