Saturday, December 17, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #52, Sunday Post #49, Sunday Salon #43

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am still trying to get my house organized, but we keep getting distracted by other things (like our refrigerator going out, or trying to convert drivers licenses). Thankfully, I am still managing to get some reading in. My highlight of this week was getting my library card 😂 I showed AMAZING restraint (mostly because I know I don't have a lot of time to read right now, LOL).

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: none

Library

 

Kindle Freebies: none

Book Mail: None.

Bought: Yes, I have it as an ARC, but then it was published and I couldn't resist!!


Other updates:

I added 2 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 2 books this week.  I am still listening to an audio book I started about 7 weeks ago 🤦 It is good and I am enjoying it but time is not my friend right now 😂

What you might have missed on the blog:

Spell the month in books: December 2022

Book Review: The Best We've Been

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to read before the end of the year

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Mysterious Amish Nanny

Book Review: America's Favorite Christmastown

First Line Friday #72-The Cubicle Next Door

I also did a post on my thoughts for this season on my other blog: Not Ready 

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

26 comments:

  1. Have a great start to the holidays!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some nice seasonal reads. Happy Holidays.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the most important thing done - the new library card! Glad you are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no about the refrigerator! But yay for books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your refrigerator fixed soon.I read my first Shelley Shepard Grey book a few weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, they have ordered a part and we'll see when it gets here...obviously the holidays slow everything down.

      Delete
  6. I think of it as a sign that you have really settled in...the acquisition of a library card. I hope your new town has a wonderful library.

    I understand completely about wanting to buy a book you already have as an ARC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, the library has AMAZING resources. I have never been in a city that has so many libraries connected, making it easier to find and get books you want.

      Delete
  7. I see that you got some great books in there. I just started my first Gray novel and super loving it, Amish romance is really been working for me lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy Amish books! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. So glad to hear you got the library card. It's the first thing we did when we moved. I hope your settling in is going well and you have a lovely week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! This seems to be the time for us bloggers to have appliance issues! I hope you get your fridge fixed soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, it's been a week and a half and we still don't know when the part will be in!

      Delete
  10. Looks like you have some great holiday reading ahead -enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we moved here, it was (and still is) the same for me. I would try to get organized and then something would get in the way. I, also, was excited to get my library card here even though I already have plenty to read. Your books look perfect for this time of year. Enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne!! I went to the library again today..sometimes you just need to, ya know?!

      Delete
  12. I am sorry to hear your refrigerator gave out! I hope it was an easy fix--or did you have to get a new one? We still need to get our licenses converted too. Finding time is a real issue though. I have a feeling we'll have to take time off work to do so. I hope you enjoy your new books--those library books sound perfect for the season. Sometimes I can't resist buying a copy of an ARC I already have either. :-) I hope you have a great week and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not an easy fix and is still broken. I actually need to call again today and check on where it is in the process. I hope you have a great week! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  13. I hope you find time to put your new library card to use soon!

    Wishing you a great reading week and a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete