Saturday, December 10, 2022

Spell the Month in Books-December 2022

I have seen this meme around a few times but never on the day it posts. Today I happened upon it and decided to participate. It is hosted by Jana @ Reviews From the Stacks. Here is how she describes the meme: 

Spell the Month in Books is a linkup hosted here on Reviews From the Stacks on the second Saturday of each month.

The goal, inspired by a hashtag I first encountered on Instagram, is to spell the current month with the first letter of book titles, excluding articles such as ‘the’ and ‘a’ as needed. That’s all there is to it! Some months there are theme challenges, such as “books with an orange cover” or books of a particular genre, but for the most part, any book you want to use is fair game! To participate, simply make a post, comment, or picture of the books you choose. They can be books you physically own or simply titles you have come across. Most of the time I create a virtual bookstack from titles on my Goodreads shelves. 

I did not realize there was a theme until I had already picked my books for this post 😂 The theme is supposed to be books about Christmas, winter, or general coziness. My theme is spell the month of December by highlighting some of my favorites. With the exception of 'D' all the books were read in 2022. You can click on the cover to be taken to my reviews, if interested.

D-Dawn's Light by Terri Blackstock

E-Everybody Always by Bob Goff

C-Cross the Line by C. C. Warrens

 

E-The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold

 

M- Mr. HOA by Carina Taylor


B-Bless Your Heart Rae Sutton by Susanna B. Lewis

E- Eloise and the Grump Next Door By Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor

 
R-Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White

  
There you have it, the month of December spelled with some of my favorite books! Do any of your favorites from this year start with one of the letters from December? If you decide to participate, let me know, and I will visit your post! Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. That was a lot of fun! A great way to post some of your favorites from the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun. Good job getting all the letters done! I think it's tough enough to do this without having a theme too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is a fun task but challenging on these longer month names! And to add a specific theme....sheesh, even harder.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you join in the challenge, I have enjoyed it for quite a while now. This is the first time I did the list with the theme and it was so much fun.

    My list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, I hope to remember again in January!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you will. I usually prepare the one for next month when the previous one is finished. Otherwise ...

      Delete
  5. Love the books you chose...so many fun covers! And I loved Eloise and the Grump Next Door. :D

    ReplyDelete