Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday- Bookish and Crafty Gift Ideas

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is a freebie. With Christmas just around the corner, I decided to do a mix of bookish and crafty gift ideas.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today.

 Ten bookish and crafty gift ideas:

1. Bookish shirts

One of my favorite series is the Holly series by C.C. Warrens. I recently found out C.C. Warrens has an Etsy shop. One way to support the book lovers in your life AND authors is to shop from their favorite authors shop (assuming they have one!). Two items I wouldn't mind owning myself and would be great for book lovers are these:


2. Autographed copy of their favorite book
Some authors even have opportunities to for you to send autographed copies to your friends and family. I do have some books that are autographed, but it's more important to me to have a copy of the books than them being autographed, even though it it s nice touch.
3. A Novel Poster 
I would love to give credit to the blogger that introduced me to Litographs last year, but I can't remember who it was and I can't find their post. I got Elijah this poster last year (and we FINALLY framed it) to hang in his room. He LOVES it, we all do. This movie (The Princess Bride) is one of Matt and the kids' favorites. One of the cool things with this site is it's not just posters, you can get totes, T-shirts etc with the novel on it, it's such a unique and fun gift!


4. A Bookish Ornament
I recently saw this one and thought it was so cute but there are SO many to choose from...chose the one the person you have in mind will like best.
5. A Bookish Puzzle
We have several different types of bookish puzzles and we all love them! One of the most unique ones we found came from Barnes and Noble. The one pictured below is at Amazon.


6. I am sharing another bookish shirt, LOL, because most book nerds can relate:

7. For your crafty friend you can take any of the suggestions above and find it for their craft: crochet, sewing, quilting etc...For crochet you can get a Yarn Bowl. This would have been handy yesterday when I was crocheting and my yarn rolled out of my lap and onto the floor 😂 They range in price and you can get them at most craft stores and Amazon.

 

8. A Craft Kit for them to complete

My niece wants to learn to make crochet animals so I got her something similar to this for Christmas:


9. Funny Coffee/Tea Mugs

I bought this one for my mom for her birthday. I thought it was hilarious 😂


10. Cute Keychains

Something like this is super cute and practical too. My sister got me a bookish keychain for my birthday and I LOVE it!!!


Bonus: Their book wish list. Simply ask your friend/family member if they have a book wish list, many of them will (formal or informal). I have a wish list that I add to and then take off when the library gets the book, or I decide I no longer want to read it. I usually only put books on it that I really want to own or my library doesn't have.

No matter your budget, big or small, these gift ideas should help get your gift buying juices flowing, LOL.

On a side note, I got all my fiction books out of their boxes this weekend, and on the shelves yesterday. I realized I have a book by an author with every letter of the alphabet, except X! How cool is that? I had never realized it before!!! It made my son jealous, LOL! I love that my kids are just as big of a book nerd as I am, LOL!!! We are a bookish family.

What did you do for this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.  

 

39 comments:

  1. I feel like your secret Santa should give you a book by an author with an X in their name!

    My TTT: https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com/2022/12/06/top-ten-tuesday-pop-culture-christmas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael...if only I had a secret Santa, LOL! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Very cute!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-what-books-should-actually-be-about-based-on-their-titles/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gift idea list - what an excellent idea and wonderfully timely. Some fun ideas here. I gave my sister a bookish puzzle (partly cuz I knew I'd get it back to do myself after she finished it!). Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, super smart way to do that, LOL!!! Love it!

      Delete
  4. Those bookish ornaments are so cute! And I love those bookish tees and sweatshirts. I want them all. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you are such a bookish family! We are, too. At least some of us. And my books were one of the first things I unpacked when I moved. It just didn't feel like home without them on display :)

    Great gift ideas! My favorite bookish gift is gift cards. It's like a shopping spree in a bookstore. What could be better?

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, we had to wait on the books because we were having our carpet replaced, so I have been without them since August when I packed them up!!! It was way too long to be without my pretties, LOL! Yes, a gift card is a wonderful gift too and one I should have put on this list, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Fun post! Lots of good ideas here! ~Carol @ Reading Ladies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bookish gifts, especially mugs and artwork. I imagine bookish puzzles would be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I love it all, LOL! I do have a bookish coffee mug :)

      Delete
  8. I love bookish t-shirts and hoodies! And ornaments and and and and....good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, so many great ones to choose from!

      Delete
  9. We love a good Etsy shop find! There's something for everyone there. :) Thanks so much for visiting my website today. Appreciate this, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hoodies and book-themed ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bookshelf looks amazing. I love all these gift ideas especially the Bookish Ornaments and they keychain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the shirts. Hope you get some of these for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, I probably won't, and that's okay, I really don't need anything :)

      Delete
  13. Nice ideas. I should send this to my sons. I love the bookish ornament.

    One of them gave me a shawl some years ago like the poster print with Pride & Prejudice printed on it. Beautiful.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT about Christmas Reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, feel free, especially if they need ideas, LOL! A shawl like that would be awesome, such a unique gift! I am sure you treasure it.

      Delete
  14. You found so many fun ideas!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/ten-favorite-holiday-reads-2022-edition/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I really thought you were the one who introduced me to Lithographs, but I didn't see it when I went looking for it.

      Delete
  15. That’s a very good gift list. I need to get a gift for a friend, and it’s helping me plan.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, that's awesome! I hope your friend enjoys the gift!!

      Delete
  16. All great ideas, Cindy. With my daughter moving this year, I went on her wish list and purchased her gifts, had them put them in gift bags and deliver to her house. Wish lists are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, I agree, they can certainly make things easier.

      Delete
  17. So many great gift ideas! I love them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that ornament! I don't think I have any bookish ornaments on my tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ALL book lovers need bookish ornaments on their trees!!

      Delete