Friday, February 10, 2023

First Line Friday #79- Body of Evidence

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link). This week I am reading Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon. It is the third book in the Triple Threat series.

SOMEONE WAS IN THE MORTUARY PREP ROOM.

Book Beginnings:

SOMEONE WAS IN THE MORTUARY PREP ROOM.

Someone besides her and the body in the cooler awaiting tomorrow's autopsy.

Someone who shouldn't be there.

Forensic pathologist Grace Reilly set aside the police report on seventy-six-year-old Mavis Templeton and cocked her ear.

Silence.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Forensic pathologist Grace Reilly has seen her share of unusual deaths in rural Missouri. But when she begins to notice a curious pattern in autopsies of elderly residents whose demise appears to be natural, she takes her concerns to Sheriff Nate Cox.

Nate is skeptical about the link Grace is seeing between the deaths--and her suspicions of foul play. But her persistence is compelling. Once she finally convinces him her theory is credible and they join forces to investigate, danger follows. Because exposing the truth could destroy several lives--including Grace's.

Queen of inspirational romantic suspense Irene Hannon closes out her bestselling Triple Threat series with this gripping tale of secrets revealed and romance sparked.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

28 comments:

  1. The beginning is a bit creepy! Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy, but it's definitely intriguing. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, I do like Christian suspense and Irene Hannon is a fantastic writer in whatever genre she happens to write.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, what a great beginning! I need to catch up on this series. I really enjoyed the first one. Hope you have a great weekend, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, that is what I am doing, finishing the series this year :)

      Delete
  3. Ok, I'm hooked!!

    I'm reading Everything is Just Beginning by Erin Bartels. Here's a line from the page I'm currently on:
    "Moved out, kicked out. What difference does it make? I lived there, now I don't."
    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I just finished this one! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I always read Irene Hannon! Great book!

    My first line comes from Cold Light of Day by Elizabeth Goddard:
    Southeast Alaska. August
    Autumn Long had no plans to give up without a fight, even though it might be killing her a little every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I love her books too. I will be reading Cold Light of Day soon :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. That's a great opening. Definitely makes me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, same. I had a hard time putting it down last night, LOL.

      Delete
  6. That opening will grab your attention! I love Irene Hannon's books. Happy weekend, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I love her books too! They are SO well-written!

      Delete
  7. That is a creepy opening line! I hope you enjoy this one, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with WendyW, that is a creepy opening! I imagine this one would be hard to put down. Have a great weekend, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!! I hope to finish it this evening!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for featuring my latest, Cindy! Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, you're welcome! I am enjoying it. Thanks so much for taking the time to come by and comment. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  10. I’m currently reading Husband Auditions by Angela Ruth Strong. It’s fun!
    “We pay the day-use fee and get the indoor pool to ourselves for the moment.”
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I enjoyed that one too! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a good series. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read the first book in this series, but I enjoy Irene Hannon's books. I'm just starting Bound by a Secret by Jolene Navarro. The first line is: "Greyson McKinsey rolled his neck and stared at the Texas sky above him." Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have heard of this author. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Sarita, I did too. It was my favorite of the series.

      Delete