Saturday, February 11, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #60, Sunday Post #57, Sunday Salon #51

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? My husband did end up testing positive for Covid last Sunday morning and was very sick this past week. He is still testing positive, but seems to have turned the corner, still pretty sick, but going in the right direction! So far, my son and I are still testing negative.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail (for review):

Audio ARC (should release at the end of the month!!):

Bought: NONE-even though I wanted to, LOL!

Other updates:

I finished 5 books this week and DNF 1. One review will go up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Spell the Month in Books-February 2023

Book Review: Dogwood

Book Review: The Buy-in (Audio)

Top Ten Tuesday: February TBR

Book Review: The Engagement Plot

6degrees of Separation-Feb. 2023-Trust

Book Review: Everything is Just Beginning

First Line Friday #79 Body of Evidence

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. So sorry your husband got COVID. I hope he's all the way better soon, and that you are able to avoid it completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, he is still so weak. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Your self-control is amazing in not buying books you wanted to.

    I hope your husband gets to feeling better soon and doesn't have any long-lasting effects from Covid.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    My STS if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/02/stacking-shelves-february-11-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I practiced self-control today too. I went into Barnes and Noble and did not buy anything for me...sigh, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Hope your husband is feeling even better now, and that you stay negative. Ughh- Covid :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, he is still pretty miserable. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, I'm sorry your husband has Covid, and I'm sorry it is giving him such pain. I do hope you and your son will continue to test negative for it.

    I admire your ability to buy no new books this week---even though you wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that your husband tested positive and is feeling bad. Hopefully he will be better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your husband has been so sick. Hope you and your son stay well. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Cold Light of Day. I'll get around to reading it eventually 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen, I hope to read it this week or next.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your husband is starting to feel better and I hope you and your son don't get it! Have a great week, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Covid can be miserable - it was difficult at our house for about a week but once we started feeling better, it turned around pretty quickly. And, thumbs up on resisting book purchasing!! :) Baby steps.
    Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your husband’s illness - I’m glad he’s feeling better and that you and your son are fine so far. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay healthy! Hope your husband is indeed getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully your husband turns the corner and feels much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your husband feels better soon! COVID sucks. I spent 8 days laying on the floor when I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear your husband has Covid. I hope you and your son stay well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great!
    I also finished 5 books this week: https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/02/12/sunday-post-78-02-12-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you and your son continue to test negative and exhibit no symptoms and your husband is better soon. COVID is going around the assisted living building that is part of the village where my mom lives. Many of the activities she takes part in are on hold as a result. Luckily, she hasn't been in the building for a few weeks and her house is part of the independent living community in the village. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Hopefully your mom doesn't end up with Covid either.

      Delete