Friday, March 10, 2023

First Line Friday #82-Royally (re) Arranged

 Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link). This week I am RE-reading Royally (Re) Arranged by Emma St. Clair, so that I can read Royal (Gone) Rogue with the characters fresh in my mind 😁

Daddy! Tell me a story.

Book Beginnings:

"Daddy! Tell me a story."

I'll never tire of being called Daddy. Or being the father of this sweet girl, with her bird's nest of brown hair-her mother's-and impish grin-mind.

"If you want a story, you'll have to scoot over, my little Ava-bird."

She giggles, her face such a perfect, beautiful imitation of her mother that I can't help but smile. She wiggles over about half a centimeter, and I flop down on her, careful to keep most of my weight off.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

There WILL be a royal wedding. The only question--who will be my groom?

An arranged marriage isn’t the worst fate for a princess like me. Especially because I’ve been in love with my intended groom since we were children.

But when my prince shows up with an American girlfriend instead of an engagement ring, all arrangements are off.

The clock is nearing midnight--I won’t turn into a pumpkin, but if I’m not wed by summer’s end, I’ll forfeit my kingdom.

Just your typical royal dilemma.

Out of sheer desperation, I make a deal with a devilish duke. Rafe de Silva is the prince’s rival and has a plan so ridiculous it just might work.

One moment, Rafe seems to relish making the prince jealous.

And the next… he’s making me question everything with his words, his touch, and his ability to melt my Ice Princess persona.

I’m not always given the luxury of choice, but now I have a huge one to make. I only hope I don't lose my crown, my heart, or myself in the process…

Royally Rearranged is a sizzling, swoony, closed-door romantic comedy.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

12 comments:

  1. Great first lines. Have a good weekend, Cindy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun that you are RE-reading Royally (Re) Arranged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great opening. I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, you should! I loved it and have started the second!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read this book!

    Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading The Metropolitan Affair by Jocelyn Green. It's really good!
    "In some ways, Ivy and Elsa were two peas in a pod."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to start this series soon. It sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I am loving it!!! I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete