Thursday, March 9, 2023

The Bookworm Tag

 The (very simple) Rules-
-answer the questions
-make up new ones
-tag people

I was tagged by Sarita @ More to Discover

Here are her questions to me and the other bloggers she tagged:

  1. What is your earliest book memory? I remember having a reading tutor in second grade.
  2. What was your favorite book as a child/teen? I don't remember many books from my childhood, but I am going to go with Ramona and her Mother by Beverly Cleary because I still have it (from second grade!).
  3. Have you ever watched the movie after the book and felt disappointed? What book was it? Yes! My book club read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last year, then I tried to watch the movie. I couldn't enjoy it because there were too many differences from the book. I ended up not finishing the movie. My husband was enjoying it because he hadn't read the book (I made him go back and read the book so he could get it 😂).
  4. Which book is sitting in your TBR which you were excited to read, perhaps preordered, but years passed, and you still must open the cover? It is very rare for me to preorder a book, so I don't have a book that I haven't read that was a preorder. I do have books sitting on my physical shelves that I have bought (mostly used) that still need to be read.
  5. If you could spend a day in an authors' mind, which author would it be? I have quite a few authors I love, but it does not interest me to spend a day in anyone's mind (no offense!). It's just not my thing.
  6. When you try a new author but the book was a miss, do you give them a second chance or move on? It depends on why the book was a miss. If the book was a miss because I felt the writing was horrible, no, I most likely won't. If it's something like an annoying character, maybe I will try them again.
  7. Do you did-not-finish books? I haven't always, but now I do.
  8. Did you have a book crush? No, I am not really the book crush type.
  9. Do you have comfy treats or drinks you enjoy when reading? I have certain times of day that I can read. So, my mid-morning snack I always have coffee...but other than that, no, usually just water. I do the majority of my reading before bed.
  10. What are the next 5 books you are planning on reading? Hmm, this is a bit tough because I have a stack of library books and I am not sure what order I will be reading them in. I am currently re-reading (1) Royally (re) Arranged by Emma St. Clair in preparation for (2) Royal (Gone) Rogue by Emma St. Clair (3) Without Warning by Lynnete Eason (4) Pelican Point by Irene Hannon (5) Under Fire by Lynn H. Blackburn

So, here are some bookworms I would like to get to know better (trying not to tag anyone Sarita already tagged): 

Here are my questions to you:

  1. How many books do you have on your physical shelves? (It can be best guesstimate!) 
  2. What is your favorite book about books?
  3. What is your favorite format to read in (paperback, hardback, e-reader...)?
  4. What is your favorite genre to read?
  5. How do you find new-to-you authors?
  6. What is a series (or book) you would/have reread over and over again?
  7. Do you have a book (or author) you are constantly recommending people to read? If so, what is it?
  8. What is a genre you would never read?
  9. Do you prefer long books or short books?
  10. Who inspired your love of reading? 
If I haven't tagged you and you want to do it, consider yourself tagged!! Also, if you do it, come back and let me know, I would LOVE to visit your blog and see your answers.

22 comments:

  1. What a nice tag, Cindy. I might try this once I'm back on my feet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, I am so sorry you are still not feeling well! I pray you are better soon!

      Delete
  2. I read a lot of Beverly Cleary, myself! It's rare that I will watch a book-to-movie; I'm such a purist that even little changes bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsi, same! I did try that one, but I wouldn't normally.

      Delete
  3. Cindy, I am happy you tagged me. What a fun meme! I like the questions you posed. I've put together a post that I will run next Wednesday. It was also fun to think up questions for others.

    And I am almost always disappointed with the movie after reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Yay! I will look for your post next Wednesday! I look forward to your answers. I am the same, the movie usually is disappointing. I can't think of an exception at the moment.

      Delete
    2. I would say that I liked both the movie and the book of To Kill a Mockingbird.

      Delete
    3. Deb, I am sure that is one I need to read...I never have...but it's just never sounded that interesting to me.

      Delete
    4. I had to push back my Bookworm Tag post until next week. I wasn't expecting The Classics Club to do a spin in March.

      Delete
  4. What a fun tag! I remember reading Beverly Cleary books as a child too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, they were so fun! I think Junie B. Jones books have similar vibes.

      Delete
  5. Fun! Thanks for the tag! I love book tags, so I will definitely participate. I agreed with most of your answers. It was fun getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, yay! I look forward to hearing your answers to the questions!

      Delete
  6. Fun tag, Cindy! Thanks for tagging me🙂.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for answering my questions! Was fun learning more about you. Loved that you made your husband read that book! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, thanks for tagging me, I had fun :)

      Delete
  8. Very fun tag! Your answers made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your answers, Cindy as I feel the same way about a lot of them. As far as movies and books go, I try to wait a long time between them. I watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society recently and enjoyed it, but I read the book several years ago when it first came out, so remembered the gist of it and was fine with the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, I can see that. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Here's my Book Tag post: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/03/the-bookworm-tag.html. Thank you for including me, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete