Sunday, March 12, 2023

Meet Indie Author Allison Pearl

Yesterday I had an opportunity to go to the Spring Vendor Event in Strongsville, Ohio, and I took it! Why? Because I knew author Allison Pearl was going to be there. I wanted to meet her and buy her books. I was not disappointed! 

Allison writes clean suspense books that happen to have a donut theme (yum!). I have read and enjoyed her first two books, and plan to read the other two that are out as well. When I got to her table yesterday, it was set up with donuts on one side and her books on the other. I will admit to not realizing (at first) that the donuts went along with the books because I was SO focused on the books ๐Ÿ˜‚

The first thing I said is, "I want one of everything." I am not sure Allison and her husband knew what to think of me ๐Ÿ˜‚. She said, "Well, the bookmarks are free..." Then  said, "I'm Cindy Davis." And she said, "Oh," turned to her husband and said, "She's a book blogger on Twitter." Can I just tell you that it was a super cool thing for ME that she knew who I was?!! Then she looked at me and told me I could have all three books for free!! I was like, "No! I came to support you!" She was like, "But you're a book blogger." I couldn't imagine taking them for free. We compromised on a discount, but I got the better end of the deal. I would have liked to have chatted with Allison longer than I did, but my introverted nature kicked in, and then I felt like I was rambling and didn't want to waste her time. My husband was so excited that an author knew who I was ๐Ÿ˜‚. When we got home he told our kids I am famous ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Obviously, I am not, but it was funny!

    Anyway, let me introduce you to Allison's books!

First in the Love and Danger in St. Claire series is Glazed Suspicion.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

After escaping a life marred by crime, Nicole Appleton flees to small town Saint Claire and starts a business of her own. She still craves forgiveness and  aybe a family, but could anyone love her once they discover she sugar-coated her past?

When sheriff’s deputy, Josh Bennet, arrives on the scene of a break-in at the local doughnut shop, he finds evidence incriminating his not-so-secret-crush. Is the fair beauty being framed or is she the mastermind trafficking drugs through his hometown? When things turn deadly, Josh must discover who the real villain is before it’s too late. And he’s praying that it’s not her.

#2 Dunked in Trouble  

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Nicole Appleton’s life is finally perfect. With a sweet shop all her own and a handsome fiancรฉ ready to walk her down the aisle, she couldn’t be happier. At least
until she discovers that not only was she orphaned by a criminal legend, but the silent mastermind running the vast network has tracked her down. What could he want from her? And one of his associates may be closer than she thinks. Could he even be the man she’s supposed to marry?

Sheriff’s deputy, Josh Bennet, can’t wait to say ‘I do’ but the stranger stalking his bride-to-be has other plans. Josh has always depended on his strength and intelligence, but he’s failed to see the skeletons buried in his hometown or to keep the women he loves from slipping through his fingers. After all, Josh lost his first wife to illness. Will he lose his fiancรฉe to murder now that she’s pushed him away? What will he have to give up to make her believe he’s the good guy? He wants to be writing his vows not planning an escape, but if they can’t find out the truth, it won’t just be their wedding plans getting cut short. It will be their lives.

#3 Sprinkled with Sabotage  

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Lizzy Bennet loves life as a lawyer in the city. And not just because of the miles it puts between her and her ex. However, when she’s attacked on the street just hours after learning her identity was stolen, she tries to call home for help and ends up with the last person she expects: the very same high school boyfriend who broke her heart. He says he’s there to help, but she’s not so sure, and now, all the endless questions and regrets are clouding her judgment and preventing her from seeing the dangerous saboteur closing in.

Small-town auto mechanic, Koby Knightly, is looking forward to seeing a car show in the city. But when an unexpected call from his old girlfriend disconnects suddenly, he rushes to her aid. Throwing his plans out the window, Koby makes it his mission to protect her and discover the identity of the person trying to frame her. Will he also be able to figure out what went wrong between them back in high school or will a killer get to her first?

#4 Battered and Torn

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

As just another staff member in the mansion of billionaire Archie Hamilton, Nora’s finally found a place to hide from her murderous family. But when the handsome big shot asks her out on a date, she worries Archie’s interest—no matter how thrilling—will blow her cover and shoot up a flare for those hunting her. And if she can’t squash his crush, only God will be able to keep him out of danger.

When Archie turned in his scalpel to run the family business, life became too busy to go home and deal with his grief. But when he discovers a suspicious hire at his ancestral estate, he’s forced to confront the situation as well as his anger at God for taking not only his family, but his dreams. Despite his objections, his grandmother is determined to keep Nora on staff, but that isn’t going to stop him investigating her on his own—no matter how attractive he finds her. But the more he digs, the more questions he has.

Drawn to Nora again and again, Archie wonders if she’ll help lead him back to the truth or get him killed. Is trusting a beautiful stranger worth the risk to his family, his life, and his heart? And when Nora’s past catches up with them, will anyone be left alive?

#5 -I do not know the title or anything about the book. But I DO KNOW there IS a book 5 (YAY!!) and it is with Allison's editor...

What author's have you met? I found out later in the afternoon that C.C. Warrens was at an event at a library about 45 minutes from my house...had I known earlier in the day I could have met two authors that I enjoy books from today...and both in the suspense genre!

16 comments:

  1. Was great to meet you! You can stop and chat at my table any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those covers all look so delicious. So cool for you to be recognized like that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you got to meet this author! These covers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to meet an author! How fun to be recognized by an author! Congratulations! Allison's books and a box of Krispy Kremes might be in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is so fun! I'm so glad you got to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donut suspense books? Say no more! How exciting that the author knew you were a blogger! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kami! I think you would like these books :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun experience for you! Thanks for sharing that story :)

    ReplyDelete