Monday, April 10, 2023

Chasing Secrets

Title: Chasing Secrets

Series: Elite Guardians #4

Author: Lynette Eason

Genre: Suspense, Christian Fiction,

Publisher: Revell

Source: Library

My review:

Chasing Secrets is the last book in the Elite Guardian series. It can be read as a stand alone novel, but all the previous elite guardians are part of this story, so it's best to read them in order for full enjoyment.

I loved Haley's story! I enjoyed learning more about her Irish roots. I was drawn in from the first scene. Having read the previous books, I instinctively knew who the young girl in the first scene was. I was heartbroken for her. 

At first, I wasn't sure who was going to be Haley's love interest. There were several men introduced around the same time. I enjoyed the flow of the story as we continue to get to know Haley and her love interest. 

This was a fabulous ending to the Elite Guardian series. It was impossible to figure out who the bad guys were, and the story moved at a fast pace. I had a difficult time putting the book down to get other things done. I think this might be my favorite of the series. I highly recommend the entire series.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

 Elite Guardians bodyguard Haley Callaghan may be in South Carolina, but when a photo leads investigators in West Ireland to open a twenty-five-year-old cold case, her life is suddenly in danger. Haley knows how to take care of herself; after all, she's made a career out of taking care of others. But after an uncomfortably close call, Detective Steven Rothwell takes it upon himself to stay with her--and the young client she has taken under her wing. A protector at heart, he's not about to let Haley fight this battle alone.

In a sweeping plot that takes them into long-buried memories--and the depths of the heart--Haley and Steven will have to solve the mystery of Haley's past while dodging bullets, bombs, and bad guys who just won't quit.

8 comments:

  1. I love when a series finishes strong and you end up loving all the books in it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, me too!! It seem so rare these days!

      Delete
  2. I think I have the first book in this series on ebook. Now I'm really looking forward to reading it! ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi-It's a great series! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Though I read the first books in this series pretty quick (or at least when they released), this one I waited for quite a while to read (not sure why). Still enjoyed it when I finally did though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I have been working my way through my Goodreads TBR and this series is one that has been on there the longest. It was nice to finish it and know I was actually reading from my TBR :)

      Delete