Saturday, April 8, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #68, Sunday Post #65, Sunday Salon #59

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I feel like I am starting to sound like a broken record, LOL, but it was another long week. It was a good week though, just busy. My daughter came home Wednesday night for Easter break and yesterday we celebrated my son's 18 birthday. My daughter's boyfriend is coming in a while and we are going to hang out and play some games. I am working this evening and then tomorrow we will go to church in the morning, then rest, hang out, play games, read and relax! Happy Easter ♰

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies:

Book Mail:


Won in Giveaway
For Review

Bought (thrift store finds):


Other updates:

I finished 4 books this week. I also finished the crochet bunnies for the littles I watch. I am including a picture of my son and daughter, she made his cake for his birthday, and a picture of me and my son! Still can't believe my "baby" is 18!

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: #struggles

March Reading Wrap-Up

Book Review: Desiring His Dating Coach

Book Review: Daddy Long Legs

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday-Indie Authors

Book Review: Dear Mr. Knightley

Book Review: Once Upon a Buggy

First Line Friday #86-Chasing Secrets

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

34 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter! Lots of good books you highlighted,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Enjoy the weekend. And that exotic pet sitter mystery, that sounds unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crocheted animal blanket things. I hope my daughter can find the pattern. She loves to make the similar items.

    This week my theme is HOPE. I hope you have time to visit and say hi!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I will link the pattern to your page.

      Delete
  4. I heard of Mary Higgins Clark. Haven't read any of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read this one before and wanted to reread it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Your Easter plans sound great! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Happy Easter to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  6. Those crocheted bunnies are cute! Happy Easter! I hope you have a lovely weekend with your famly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have had a fulfilling week! It is bittersweet when your baby turns 18. Have a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you had such a busy week, but I am sure it is worth it now that you can visit with your daughter and celebrate with your son. Such a lovely picture of the two of you.

    A Seaside Wonder has a marvelous cover. I hope it's a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little crochet creatures are very cute! Have a good Easter.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Seaside Wonder looks really interesting! And happy birthday to your "baby." (I'm sure he loves you calling him that. LOL). Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. - Katie

    My STS if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/03/stacking-shelves-18-march-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, both my "babies" know they will always be my babies, LOL! They have no say in the matter!!!

      Delete
  11. Looks like the thrift stores were good to you this week - a fun collection of books! Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-44

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some of those Cleveland books! I'm in charge of the Solon Library Book Sale from April 20-23 and will pretty much be there the whole time. Stop by and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I will look it up. I haven't heard of that library but if it is close enough and I can get there, I will :) Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday to your "baby"!!

    Love your thrift store finds. My sister is a huge Mary Higgins Clark fan and I will read a few when I get the change. I have read Where are the Children years ago and I know there is a new one out - Where are the children now?

    Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mareli, yes, I used to read Mary Higgins Clark and read Where are the Children years ago as well. I am super curious about "Where are the children now?" so I wanted to reread this one and see if they connect. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  14. Hanging out and playing games sounds good to me. What kind of games? Video games? Board games? Card games? ALL THE GAMES?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer-yes, LOL. We play all the games. Card games, board games, video games, we are a reading/gaming family.

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday to your son! That cake looks lovely!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    And my Sunday Watch for movie and TV fans!

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your son! My second-youngest cousin, who feels more like a niece, will be 25 this week. I don't know where the time goes either.

    Your crochet bunnies are adorable!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the birthday milestone! And enjoy Blind Trust! It is good! I also have Melissa's on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete