Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday-Indie Authors

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Indie/Self-Published Books (submitted by Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits). I am excited about this title because I have read quite a few Indie Authors 😂 The hard part will be remembering WHO they all are, LOL. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Top Ten Indie/Self-Published Authors:

You all know I am going to start with Emma St. Clair! I love her books. These represent two of her series. Emma writes sweet, closed-door romantic comedies. They are hilarious. Her heroines are typically sassy and there is always some kind of animal in each book (notice I didn't say pet 😂).

Allison Pearl-you may recall I recently met her 😉-These are the first two books in her suspense series. I enjoyed both of these and plan to reread them before reading the 3rd & 4th books.

Kristin Canary-She writes sweet romcoms with just a little bit more spice than I would usually do, but they are still clean, and funny.
She is a new-to-me author.
C.C. Warrens-I LOVE her books. The Holly series is my all-time favorite suspense series, and that is saying something! I have read and rated all her books 5-stars (the only thing I have not read by her is her short story The War Memorial).

Amy Matayo-I have not read one of her books in a while but need to! She writes gritty contemporary novels that will stay with you long past the last page.

Sarah Monzon-another author who writes sweet romcoms. I really enjoy her books and plan to finish her Sewing in SoCal series this year, Molly is the first book.

Chautona Havig-she writes SO many books and in several genres! I have enjoyed what I have read of hers.

Meredith Resce- is an Australian author, which I always think it's fun, the dialogue and Australian words :) It's been a while since I have read her books too, but I recall them being funny, with a little sass.

Dawn Klinge-Dawn writes Historical Fiction
. These are the first two books in the Historic Hotel series.
Carina Taylor-She writes "zany romantic comedies and romantic chick lit to make you ugly laugh." I loved Mr. H.O.A, but haven't read Neighbors Like That (yet).

This was harder than I thought it would be. Some authors that used to be Indie are now with traditional publishers. I tried to stick with Indie authors I have read and believe are still Indie authors. There are SO many Indie authors out there (yay!), so this is just a very small representation!

What did you do this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.  

30 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So many authors I want to read now after reading your post Cindy! The only two I've read are Sarah Monzon and Chautona Havig! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, yes, you are missing out :)

      Delete
    2. You aren't helping my TBR mountain Cindy!😥💜

      Delete
    3. Susan, LOL!!! The struggle is real!

      Delete
  2. Several of these sound fun. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sarah Monzon. Try Jenny Proctor. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regine, she is on my TBR :) I have read the books she co-wrote with Emma St. Clair.

      Delete
  4. Book needs & Boyfriends sounds cute!! Nice list!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/04/top-ten-tuesday-easter-bookish-items.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to give one of Emma's novels a chance! I haven't read any of hers but I do see them talked about quite a lot. Makes me wonder what I'm missing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, they are just so funny, but with some depth too. I think you would enjoy them.

      Delete
  6. Emma St. Clair's books do always seem like fun reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma St. Clair was already on my list to try, so it was fun to find her on your list today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Emma St. Clair, Amy Matayo, and Chautona Havig! If I like those, I might like all the others you've listed as well. Dang it. There goes the TBR, exploding again....

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I would say sorry...but...ya know, I'm not :) It's a never ending TBR, LOL!

      Delete
  9. I'm not surprised you have Emily St. Clair on your list today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing how many indie authors there are? A good thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, it really is amazing and a great thing! Look at what all we would be missing out on!

      Delete
  11. i absolutely must make time to read some Emma St. Clair this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, yes, you MUST! You will love the swoon-worthy/forget-to-breathe kisses ;)

      Delete
  12. I've heard of St. Clair, but that may only be because you've mentioned her before. Her books do sound cute!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you've found so many indie authors' books to enjoy!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-414-spotify-wrapped-book-tag-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you do read a lot of indie authors! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, thanks! I was pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete