Saturday, August 12, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #83, Sunday Post #80, Sunday Salon #74

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? It was a long week with being in NC for a few days. There was not much time for reading or blogging. I plan to read, relax, and hang out with my family this weekend.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library:

 

 
 
 
 
 
  

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: (For Review)

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week. Well, as predicted, most of my books I had on hold at the library came in at once 😂. I will be picking and choosing which ones I actually have time for, but at least I have plenty of options!

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: A Life Once Dreamed

Top Ten Tuesday-Book Recommendations from other book bloggers

First Line Friday #99-Dear Enemy

Book Review: Dear Enemy 

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. That's quite a stack of books you got from the library there. And so many look really good...I'm off to look them up. :D Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, thanks! I think I need a few reading days just to read them all ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get that good relaxed weekend that you're looking for -- you'll need it to figure out how to tackle this stack of books. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understand why all the library books arrive at the same time, but that's always the way it works for me, too. Raspberries and Vinegar is the title that looks most intriguing to me.

    I hope that you do indeed enjoy a relaxing weekend, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice group of books! I plan on checking some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers - that's a LOT of library books. That's happened to me a couple times too and it's hard to pick and choose which ones go back. I'm not familiar with author Colleen Coble and so will try one of hers. Looking forward to it.....
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-59

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Terrie, Colleen Coble's books are fabulous and I am going to have to binge the whole series while I have it!!! I am also picking and choosing, but I am trying to figure out which ones I can extend and which ones are more "popular" and might not be able to be renewed ;)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you've got some reading to do soon before all those books are due back at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raspberries and Vinegar looks so cute!! I will have to look that one up!

    And that is always how my holds come in - all at once! Lol. Feast or famine around here.

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, LOL, yes!!! However, I am not really complaining, I am SO thankful for the library!

      Delete
  8. That's a substantial haul! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better to have a big stack of library books to pick and choose from then to be sitting here waiting for ANY of my three holds to FINALLY become available. I'm looking at 4 weeks, 5 weeks, and 6 weeks. lol Luckily I've got plenty of my own books to read, but of course I'm wanting what I can't have, yet. :-D

    Hope you have a lovely reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, I did see that on your post! I also have a TON of my own books to read...and I am, I am just mixing in library books too, LOL!

      Delete
  10. Why do all the library hold ALWAYS come at once?? Sometimes with ebooks you can delay them for a week (or longer) but I don't think you can do that with physical books. Oh, well... it's always nice to have options ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I have 2 that didn't come in this round, LOL!

      Delete
  11. That's one nice thing about the books coming in all at once! You have choices :)

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually end up getting all my library books at once, too, and I can never finish them all in time. I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn’t that always the way with library books! I’ve started requesting both the ebook and audiobook copies to give me greater flexibility. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard when the library books all come in at once, but it seems to work that way far too often! I've heard great things about Colleen Coble's books but haven't read any myself. I hope you enjoy the books you are able to get to! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I love Colleen Coble's books and I am hoping to binge the whole series while I have it ;)

      Delete
  15. Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a relaxing weekend.

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had that happen before where two or three come in and an audiobook! I never get them all read before I need to turn them back in. Hope you enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My library holds do the same thing! I wish they wouldn't because I can't read that fast. Then I have to return the book and get put on the waitlist again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj, booknerd problems, LOL! At least our libraries have the books we want!

      Delete