Friday, September 29, 2023

An Uncommon Courtship

Title: An Uncommon Courtship Audio book

Series: Hawthorne House #3

Author: Kristi Ann Hunter

Narrator: Charlotte Anne Dore

Publisher: Tantor Audio

Genre: Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction, Regency, Romance

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

An Uncommon Courtship is the third in the series and I recommend reading them in order. 

An Uncommon Courtship starts with Trent having just married! Considering he was not seeing anyone in An Elegant Facade, I assumed his bride would be Jane. I was shocked when it was Adelaide! 

As their story unfolded, I felt for Trent but did not always agree with his decisions. My heart broke for Adelaide with the way she was raised, and how her mother continued to treat her. There is something sad about a person who always makes her tea like everyone else instead of feeling she can have an opinion for herself.

I was rooting for this couple from the beginning. I liked Trent in the other stories and was glad to see him get his own story. Adelaide is a sweetheart, and you can't help but love her.

I wish I could tell you about one scene in this book. I was rolling with laughter! However, it would completely spoil your enjoyment of the scene, but I will say the humor in this story was top-notch!

I listened to the audio version of this story, which added to my overall enjoyment. I still didn't care much for the narrator, but I was used to her by the end of the last book, so going into this one was a natural progression.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

When her mother's ill-conceived marriage trap goes awry, Lady Adelaide Bell unwittingly finds herself bound to a stranger who ignores her. Lord Trent Hawthorne, who had grand plans to marry for love, is even less pleased with the match. Can they set aside their first impressions before any chance of love is lost?

2 comments:

  1. All the books in this series sound good. They're going on my list...but I probably won't get to them until next year because my list is that long. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I understand! The only reason I have been able to get through them (on the last one now!), is because I listened to them on audio. I never plan out audio books like I do with my other books, it gives me a lot of freedom.

      Delete