Thursday, September 7, 2023

Dead Wrong

Title: Dead Wrong

Series: Agatha's Amish B & B #1

Author: Vanetta Chapman

Publisher: Vanetta Chapman

Genre: Amish, Christian Fiction, Mystery,

Source: Kindle Own

My Review:

Dead Wrong is a quick read (I read it in one afternoon). I liked that Agatha opened a B & B in Texas that honored her brother's memory.

When Agatha finds a dead body, she runs to Tony, her next door neighbor, even though they have not had many interactions. As the story progresses, Tony and Agatha become good friends.

I love that the story focuses on the mystery and not a romance. I was surprised by what Agatha and Tony uncovered during their investigation of the murder. The story kept me guessing right up until everything was revealed.

I found the characters realistic and the story line engaging. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys cozy mysteries. Even though this is Christian fiction, it is not blatant. Agatha is Amish, so she prays to herself before meals.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

A new Amish cozy mystery from Vannetta Chapman.

When Agatha Lapp’s brother and sister-in-law are tragically killed in a buggy accident, Agatha relocates to the new Amish community in Hunt Texas, nestled in the Texas Hill Country. She’s there to make a success of her brother’s dream--an Amish B&B. Agatha is friendly, efficient, and capable. She's also a fifty-five year old widow who has learned to be independent. When she discovers Russell Dixon’s lifeless body in Cabin 3, she runs next door where retired detective Tony Vargas lives. The police determine that her guest died of natural causes, but as Agatha and Tony put together the events of the previous two days they become convinced that the police are Dead Wrong.

12 comments:

  1. Agatha and Tony sound like a fun investigative duo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is in my TBR pile. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's rare to find a story like this that focuses on the mystery and not romance, so that's nice for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I totally agree! It sounds like the other two in the series are the same.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of this one. I am always down for a good cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, every once in a while it goes free on Kindle, my library had a copy as well..so maybe you will be able to get a copy :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this one too and appreciated there was no romance. I need to get to the next book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Reading about two friends solving mysteries is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really been able to get "into" Amish fiction (I cannot remember if I've actually finished a book or not), but this cover art did catch my eye!! And the premise does sound interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, this one is more a "cozy" mystery, which I usually have a difficult time getting into!

      Delete