Friday, October 27, 2023

First Line Friday #109-Into the Fire

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! I hope you all have a great day and weekend! First Line Friday is hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. This week I am reading Into the Fire by Irene Hannon. It is the first book in her newest series Undaunted Courage.

Fire was cleansing.

Book Beginnings:

Prologue

Fire was cleansing. Sacrificial, almost.

And soon...very soon...the flames would come.

But first, my souvenir.

I crossed to the dresser. Flipped up the lid on the jewelry box. Poked around with my latex-covered finger. 

Synopsis (Goodreads):  

As a former smokejumper, arson investigator Bri Tucker knows her way around fires. But after a mysterious blaze takes the life of a former colleague, Bri inherits a curious puzzle from him that raises questions about several fiery deaths. Someone, however, doesn't want her picking up where he left off in search of answers.

When she teams up with ATF Special Agent Marc Davis to solve the puzzle, the danger escalates. But will they manage to track down the person behind the mysterious deaths before their budding romance--and maybe even their lives--go up in flames?

The bestselling and award-winning queen of romantic suspense is back with a brand-new series that is sure to get your adrenaline pumping as you burn through the pages to discover the truth.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

12 comments:

  1. I just picked Labyrinth of Lies by Irene Hannon, I love it!! This looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting opener, and sounds like lots of suspense in this one! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intriguing romantic suspense title. I haven't read anything by this author yet. I'm spotlighting The Cater Street Hangman which is the first in a series I've been meaning to read for a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy reading! And have a good weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that idea of opening up a book and focusing on the first line. There've been some books that captured me in the first paragraph, and others, 50 pages in never caught my attention. And those were the books I said good-bye to. So many options, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for popping over here :) It is a fun way to learn about other books, I love it!

      Delete
  6. What an ominous beginning! I'm looking forward to reading this one. Hope you have a great week, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete