Saturday, October 14, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #91, Sunday Post #88, Sunday Salon #82

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? Any plans for the weekend? It has been another wild, busy, crazy week. My daughter is on fall break and we had plans to be tourists in our area, but with my son still recovering from surgery, I am not sure how much we will actually get out and do. If nothing else, we will have some family time over the next few days.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: We are still on a break!

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: For Review

 

Bought: None

Other updates:

I am in the middle of quite a few books, fiction, nonfiction, and audio. One of the audios I really don't want to finish, but can't get ahold of the paperback, so I am feeling stuck. I finished 5 books this week. One of the reviews will post tomorrow, and the rest are up.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Crossroads

Book Review: Faking the Fall

Top Ten Tuesday-A very lame list of bookish jobs I would do for free

Book Review: Star of Wonder

Book Review: Christmas in the Crosshairs

Book Review: Grayface & Wigglebutt

First Line Friday #107-On Moonberry Lake

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

33 comments:

  1. Enjoy the family time if you don't get a chance to go out. Stacking the Shelves and not reading to keep up has been my activity for a while! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice if you and your daughter could get out and do some touring. I love doing that kind of stuff. Enjoy your family time, Cindy ☕๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody, we did get out and do some thrift shopping for clothes, she made out like a thief :)!

      Delete
  3. Five books is so great! I do well to make it through two or three at the most in the week. Like you, I do typically have multiple formats going at once though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan, I am a fast reader, and I make time to read every day :) Plus, audio books!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I am always impressed by people who can read several books at a time. My concentration skills are only able to do one.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I have two going on audio, which I don't normally, but I am thinking of quitting one, so set it aside. I also have several nonfiction going, which doesn't require much brain capacity for me, LOL!

      Delete
  5. I'm watching the annular solar eclipse crossing through Utah right now and tonight I'm going on a Ghost Tour...those are my only weekend plans. I hope you enjoy your time with family at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, both sound fun. I hope you enjoy them :) Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. Hope you have fun this week no matter what you end up getting to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, that is the most important thing, right?!

      Delete
  7. I was just talking with a friend this morning about how cozy time at home can be at this time of year. I hope that works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been around the blogs lately, I missed that your son was having surgery! All prayers to all of you, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, it was unexpected. Thank you for the prayers, appreciate it. Hope you and yours are doing well.

      Delete
  9. I think I need to pick up a more light-hearted book. The news of the world is so dire! Thanks for some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I am MORE than ready to dig into a few lighter books again, but I have a few ARCs to finish first.

      Delete
  10. Finishing 5 books in one week is great. Enjoy your family time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, one was children's fiction ;)

      Delete
  11. I used to only read one book at a time.. I have upped it to two at the same time but 5 wow.. that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you've had a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I could choose to have a superpower, it would be to speed read. I'm lucky if I finish one audiobook in a week and it takes me even longer to read a print or e-book usually. Looks like a great list you read/listened to. I have got to get my hands on the Sweater Weather series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meezan, if you have Kindle Unlimited (or do a free trial), they are all on there :)

      Delete
  14. "Inspirational romance?" A genre I had never even heard of! I hope it's a good one

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your daughter enjoys her break and your son feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been meaning to read Irene Hannon. Some day I'll get there! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, I LOVE her books, they are SO good! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week :)

      Delete
  17. I hope you have had a nice visit with your daughter! Were you able to get some of those local tourist spots you were considering? I do hope your son's recovery going well. Have a great week, Cindy, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete