Saturday, November 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #96, Sunday Post #93, Sunday Salon #87

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I had a another busy week, which did not allow for much reading. I was in TN watching my niece last weekend, and headed back to Indiana on Tuesday to take my mom home. I got back to my house around noon on Wednesday. I have a sewing class this afternoon, so I spent part of the morning finalizing that, then we are putting up our Christmas tree this evening. We usually put it up Thanksgiving, but this year we will be in VA. When do you put your tree up? This introvert is completely wiped out. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library:

 
 

 
Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I ended up finishing 3 books this week. One was an audio book I was listening to while I was traveling, it's review will be up tomorrow. I have started a list of Christmas possibilities (in case you haven't noticed from my library books 😂), since I am almost done with all my reading challenges!! I have also been pulling ones from my own physical shelves...I think I have about 20 lined up, LOL! It gives me plenty of options!

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Seconds to Live

Book Review: The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond

First Line Friday #111- All My Belongings

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

35 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy North and South? I have a soft spot for Mrs. Gaskell and her friendship with Charlotte Bronte.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it's the second time I have had it out of the library, I haven't read it yet.

      Delete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading about your week! 😉 Congrats on finishing most of your reading challenges. Looks like you have some wonderful Christmas reads ahead of you. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, thanks, I am wiped out! I am HOPING tomorrow is relaxing because I am headed into another busy week, with more travel.

      Delete
  3. Okay...whoa, you were a busy bee and then some. I love traveling and seeing new things but I guess family can also be just as exciting or even more! Have a great Saturday and an even better read and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of winter and Chrismas themed books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy week! I hope you get some quiet time this weekend to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sometimes put our tree up on Thanksgiving weekend and sometimes not- depends on how hectic it is lol. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! If we don't get ours up today, it will be the second weekend in December, and by then I feel like it is too late for all that work, LOL!

      Delete
  7. Your book covers look very cheery this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read North and South or something by Elizabeth Gaskill. Have you started it yet? I keep adding books to my TBR faster than I knock them off.

    You have been very busy traveling everywhere. I hope you can listen to audiobooks while you are in the car. It helps wile away the hours and you get to check books off your list.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anne, no, this is the second time I have checked out North and South, but haven't started it yet. I also keep adding books to my TBR faster than I can knock them off, BUT I haven't been BUYING books, so I consider it a win!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a nice little haul -- enjoy! I need to decide when to read the handful of winter holiday-themed books I've been saving up... Surely November's fine? Getting into the mood and all? Heh.

    Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by! I know lots of people read Christmas books all year around, I just can't. I am almost ready, I think, LOL! Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. Someone's getting a Christmas reading list together. :) Hope they put you in a merry mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like an exhausting week... no wonder you didn't get much reading time. I loved North and South (the miniseries is good, too) and hope you like it. We'll probably put our tree up at the end of Thanksgiving weekend or early the following week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I hope to get to North and South before it is due, but not sure. Have a great Thanksgiving and have fun getting your tree up :)

      Delete
  12. I totally understand introvert exhaustion! I am feeling the same after this week. We hope to put our tree up on Friday of this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I hope you are able to rest and recover. Have fun getting your tree up!

      Delete
  13. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy your books, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a hectic week. We try to put our Christmas decorations up right after Thanksgiving, but dragging them out of the basement is such a pain that it'll probably be delayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj, I totally understand. With all the work I like to get it up early, and then have it down by New Year's.

      Delete
  15. It sounds like a busy week - good for you to get some holiday decorating done! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! A three-book week is a great week! I am glad you have been able to find so many Christmas stories. I hope you will share you favorites with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment is from me, Deb Nance at Readerbuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do not enjoy decorating Christmas trees at all so I actually got rid of all my trees . This year I just put my cute decorations on the bookcase, etc. and called it done!

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete