Friday, December 29, 2023

A Cross-Country Wedding

Title: A Cross-Country Wedding

Series: Road Trip Romance #2

Author: Courtney Walsh

Publisher: Sweethaven Press

Genre: Christmas, Christian Fiction, Romcom, Contemporary Romance

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

I was finished reading Christmas stories. But, once I finished A Cross-Country Christmas, I HAD to immediately read A Cross-Country Wedding. While you could read this one as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading A Cross-Country Christmas first. A Cross-Country Christmas is Lauren and Will's story, and this book is about their wedding.

I adored this story. Maddie and Simon have been best friends for ten years. This is their story of friends to more. 

Read for:

❤ friends to more

❤ he fell first

❤ witty banter

❤ road trip

❤ hallmark moments

❤ forced proximity

Overall, another fabulous Christmas story.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

A fun-loving free spirit.
Her buttoned-up best friend.
And a cross-country wedding that could drive their platonic relationship toward something else entirely.


Simon Collier is my friend.

Heck, he’s been my friend for most of my adult life—and we couldn’t be more different.

I love late-night karaoke. He’s a homebody with a piano I’ve never heard him play.

I relish being the center of attention while Simon prefers to fade into the background.

My dresser is a disaster. He alphabetizes his fridge.

I suppose we’re a little like sunshine and rain. It’s why our friendship works.

Even though we’re total opposites, we get along like peas and carrots. He’s constantly saving me after failed romances, and I push him to live a little. . .even if that means dragging him out of his comfort zone.

If I can make him laugh, it’s a win.

He’s my safe person. Secure, reliable, fun to poke fun at.

Simon Collier is my friend.

But now, all that might change.

After another predictable break-up, I find myself in need of a plus-one for my best friend Lauren’s cross-country wedding. A wedding that reenacts the road trip where she and her fiancĂ©, Will, first fell in love. And despite his fussiness, Simon is the safest person to bring along because I’m not in the market for any more messy feelings.

Our friendship has been intact for over ten years, surely we can handle a week crammed in a car, sharing meals and playlists and nighttime secrets and single beds.

Right?

8 comments:

  1. I loved Simon so much. And I really liked how he and Maddie complemented each other and made the other person better. This was a fun one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it really was! Glad you loved it too!

      Delete
  2. This was a fun one! I also loved Simon. And I didn't like Maddie at first, but appreciated how she realized some things about herself and made some changes. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year to you, dear Cindy! i look forward to continuing to do the online life with you in the months ahead. let's see what God has for us to be, to do. blessings!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a lovely story. I'm glad you liked it as well as its sequel. I'll definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, they are so worth it!! Such great stories!

      Delete