Sunday, December 31, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #102, Sunday Post #99, Sunday Salon #93

Hey bookish friends! Happy New Year's Eve!!! Did you have a good Christmas week? We did. Me and my kiddos traveled to TN on Wednesday and got back Saturday evening. It was a quick trip, but always wonderful to see my sister and her family. Word is my car will be finished by the end of this week!!! I will update next Saturday. Today we did Church online, played a few games, and plan to do more of the same, with lots of relaxing this afternoon. Tomorrow my son goes back to work, but hubby is off. We plan to take down the Christmas tree and put the house back in order. We never stay up until midnight to celebrate, we've gotten old, LOL, and need our sleep. How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought with my Amazon giftcard:

 

Bought at used bookstore:

 

Other updates:

I finished 4 books and a year long Bible. I need to do two of the reviews, as I finished one last night and one this morning. I have started thinking about my 2024 goals but still haven't gotten anything written yet, hoping to start that later today. I did not include the books I got for Christmas in today's post because I just blogged about them for Top Ten Tuesday. If you are interested you can click on that link below.

I also did an update on my personal blog: Share Four Somethings November/December 2023

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: A Cross-Country Christmas

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Holiday Haul

Book Review: A Cross-Country Wedding

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

26 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a great Christmas and you that you got to visit your sister and her family.

    I'm a night owl anyway, so I usually stay up on NYE, but I can't stay up much later than that anymore. I hope you have a great new years celebration even if it's just going to bed early, lol.

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-49/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Jenni!! Definitely hoping for a good night's sleep! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Yayyy! Great news about your car, I hope to see your update saying it's back next week. I'm so invested! Lol! I hope you and your family have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, thank you for following along on the car saga! I can't wait to have it back!!! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. We rarely stay up til midnight either. Sleep is just too tempting.🤣 Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Anne, yay! I hope we both love it!! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. I hear you on not staying up until midnight any more on New Year's Eve. I go to bed before then these days, too. 🥱 And fingers crossed your car does get fixed this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice holiday! New Years will be quiet around here too, the kids went back to school so it'll just be us. Have a nice New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice holiday and I hope your car will be ready! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I had a wonderful Christmas too!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't made it to midnight in a million years, I think. So you are not alone.

    Fingers crossed for you that your car will be finished soon!

    I like all the books you got with your gift card. Thirsty sounds especially interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy the fireworks in London on the BBC YouTube channel -- they go off at 6pm my time which is perfect. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, that's a wonderful idea, LOL! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  11. Ooh, a nice haul! Getting an Amazon gift card is always great, haha. Hope you enjoy them -- and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good week. I should probably use my Amazon gift card to get a Bissel steam shot, but of course I'll use it for books instead.

    I fell asleep around 9pm on NYE but woke up at 11:30pm so got to witness the entrance of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, yes, there are things I SHOULD have gotten, but books are better, LOL!

      Delete
  13. I am glad you had such a nice Christmas with your family, Cindy. I am not sure when our holiday decorations will come down. They went up so late. But I am ready for my house to go back to normal. Maybe in another week or two. My family and I rang in the new year with friends. It was low-key. I think all of us grown-ups would have happily called it a night East Coast time (9 p.m. our time), but we stayed up for the kids' sake--they were having too much fun so we stayed up. We did head home and crashed pretty soon after midnight though.

    I hope you enjoy your new books and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete