Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday-Ten Library books I am waiting to read

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday is Bookish Superpowers I Wish I Had (e.g. never accidentally buying the same book twice, every book I buy would be automatically signed/personally dedicated by the author, the ability to read faster, etc.) (Submitted by Cathy @WhatCathyReadNext). I think we might have done this topic before, but I am not feeling it. Instead, I will share ten books I have put on hold at the library and am waiting for.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Ten books I have put on hold at the library that I am waiting to come in (I have a few more than this but will be good and only list 10, LOL):

1. A Sweethaven Homecoming by Courtney Walsh-Why? Because I just finished the first book, A Sweethaven Summer and enjoyed it, so I want to carry on the series. 

2. JFK to Dublin by Brooke St. James. Why? I have owned this on my Kindle for three years and I want to clear it off and see if I will like it and this author. I am more likely to read it in a paperback format.

3. The Riverband Romance by Valerie Comer. This is a novella collection, but I have had the first book on Kindle for three years as well. If I like the first book I can go ahead and read the others, or send it back to the library.

4. Skating for Grace by Anne Perreault. Yet another book I have owned on Kindle for 3 years, plus it's an author I have seen a lot about, but never read.

5. Happily Ever After & Everything In Between by Debbie Tung. I did not know this book existed until this past weekend (Thanks Haze)!! I LOVED Book Love and can't wait to dive into this one and Everything is Ok (which is also on hold at the library, LOL!)

6. Games in a Ballroom by Jentry Flint. I have NO idea if I will enjoy this one or not. The cover caught my attention and I immediately put it on my TBR, where it has sat for 2 years. It's time to check it out!

7. Deception by Patricia Bradley. I have the third book of the series, Crosshairs on my physical shelf, so I want to check this one out, the 4th in the series, so I can read them both together and finish the series. Plus, I recently just read 2 of Patricia Bradley's books and I was reminded of how much I love her writing.

8 & 9. The Vanishing at Castle Moreau and Night Falls on Predicament Avenue by Jaime Jo Wright. These are her most recent releases and the last 2 books of hers I need to read to be all caught up on her backlist (before her next book releases, LOL).

10. For Keeps by Chautona Havig. I read the first book in the series and it's another one I own on Kindle for 3 1/2 years, so trying to get my Kindle own number lower than 683 😂!


 

Clicking on the links will take you to Goodreads, if you want to read what these books are about :)

What did you do for today's topic? Have you read any of these? Which ones should I read sooner rather than later? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

26 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy all of them!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is a great topic! I hope you enjoy the books when you get them. And I hope you don't get overwhelmed with all the holds arriving at once! (That happens to me more than I like to think about.)

    Here's my TTT for the week: https://bookwyrmknits.com/2024/02/20/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-superpowers-i-wish-i-had/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, yes, it happens to me as well, LOL! I did pick up three of these today...to add to the 4ish other books I already had out from the library, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I hope the library gods hurry up with your holds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna, I did pick up three of them just a little while ago :)

      Delete
  4. I'm quite embarrassed to look up how long some of the books I own have been on my shelf. It's a challenge I'm not always up for (aka clearing the books off that TBR list ;D). I should read this series from Courtney since it'd be fun to read some of her early stuff. :) Thanks so much for visiting my website today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I have no idea how long some of the books on my PHYSICAL shelf has been there, but the length of time is when I added them to Goodreads, not necessarily how long they have been on there, sigh. Long enough though. I am really trying to get my numbers down for the books I own.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you put the Debbie Tung book on your list! I'm sure you'll love it! I loved Book Love too because it's so bookworm specific, but Happily Ever After was really good too. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, I have already gotten it from the library and read it :)

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoy all of these when you can read them! I've spent more time using my library for audiobooks than anything else. It seems when I borrow a physical book, I never find the time to squeeze it in before I have to return it. But audiobooks I can easily do, as I listen to them in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and everyone else is in bed.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/favorite-historical-fiction-reads-from-2023/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I understand that completely. I have cut WAY back on the amount of books I have out at one time.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you have some very good reading ahead of you. I don't know what Games in a Ballroom is about, but it's a great cover. I hope it's as good as it looks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been reading Debbie Tung's books recently -- they're fun quick reads! Hope you enjoy all these when you get your hands on them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading My Phony Valentine, I literally put every book written by Courtney Walsh on my TBR list. I just love her writing style. I will have to check out her sweet romances, as well as her romcoms. She will be releasing My Lucky Charm earlier than planned and I'm so excited!! I pre-ordered that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meezan, I love her books as well! I also ordered My Lucky Charm and it *should* be here on Friday :)

      Delete
  10. I'm just now reading The Vanishing at Castle Moreau and I'm hooked. Such an engrossing tale! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I am 4th in line for it, so hopefully I will get some of these other ones read before it comes in ;)

      Delete
  11. I hope you love them all! If your library is like mine, then all of your holds will come in at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you shared the books you are waiting for from the library. I have quite a few books on hold from the library. I hope you enjoy all of these when they do come in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely enjoy Happily Ever After.

    ReplyDelete