Saturday, April 20, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #117, Sunday Post #114, Sunday Salon #108

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I am not as on top of the reading and blogging as I would like to be. This month is still kicking my tail. We have had a lot of extras this week, including a visit to the doctor for me (I was FINALLY able to establish care with my new primary physician), and a doctors visit for my son, he has a viral infection. Today, I worked most of the day and then tried to do this post, but my blogger account would not load anything. It finally started working again, yay! Tomorrow we are staying in, resting and relaxing.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None

Kindle Freebies: None

ebook ARC: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: none

Other updates:

This week I finished four books and DNF'd one.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

Top Ten Tuesday: Top books read for the first quarter of 2024

Book Review: The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano

Book Review: The Cowgirl Nanny by Jen Gilroy

The Garden Girls Excerpt + Giveaway

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

34 comments:

  1. I hope your son feels better soon. Glad you were finally able to establish care with your primary care doctor. That can be such a hassle. Enjoy your rest and relaxation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your son feels better soon, and that things slow down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting medical care really has become challenging all over, hasn’t it. I hope you find your new doc helpful.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that a person must "establish care" with a primary care doctor. I had to look that up. I hope your son feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Yep, when you move it is a hassle!

      Delete
  5. Wishing you a relaxing and rejuvenating Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, doing my best to make it exactly that :)

      Delete
  6. I hope you are enjoying a quiet, relaxing day today... you certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your son is feeling better and that you were able to get some relaxing time in. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess what I have to say, more importantly than books, is how nice it is to meet a fellow Christian. Or, should I say “sister in Christ”? Who also, by the way, loves to read.🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! It is nice to "meet" you as well!

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you were able to have your doctors' visits this week for yourself and your son. I hope you both got what you needed and I hope your son feels better soon. Happy rest and relaxation day! You all deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to find a new family Dr a couple of years ago and I felt like I’d won the lottery when I finally found one for the family! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope things get better soon with your sonbut glad you were able to get in with a new doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, I hope you and your son are both okay! Establishing a good relationship with your healthcare provider is a MUST. I hope you both have a great week ahead.

    aimee @ aimee can read

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your son is feeling better.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to jump back and read your review of the Scarlet Pimpernel. Somehow I missed it. It is a book I've been curious about for years.

    Check out the colors of the tulips I visited this week! My Sunday Salon is so colorful this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I will do that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Is there a doctor shortage or something? I keep hearing about people where it's taking them months or even years to get appointments. That's crazy!

    Anyway, hope your son is feeling better soon!

    Sorry Blogger is being ornery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oof, sounds like a lot going on! I had to dial back blogging a bit recently too, and I'm only just getting back to reading as much as I normally would. Sometimes we just need the break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great discipline wrt adding to your bookshelf! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete