Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Match Point

Title: Match Point

Series: Lauren Holbrook #3

Author: Erynn Mangum

Publisher: Think

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction,

Source: Own

My Review:

Match Point is the third book in the Lauren Holbrook series and I will reiterate that they should be read in order.

One of the things I love about this series is that there is not a lot of drama in the relationships. Laurie is dramatic and a yeller, but honestly, that just makes her more real to me. Especially since I know some people in their early twenties that are just like that!

I am so sad to see this series end. I will miss Laurie and her friends, her coffee addiction, and off the wall humor. I enjoyed the nods to The Princess Bride, but not having read Pride and Prejudice, I missed those (noted from other reviews).

While not a perfect book, or series, I really enjoyed and recommend the whole series. They are sweet and clean, not too deep, filled with humor.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Lauren Holbrook, matchmaker extraordinaire, takes credit for four successful couples now. With her dad happily married and life settling down around her, Lauren feels quite content. That is, until the tables are turned and she’s on the receiving end of the matchmaking!

2 comments:

  1. The nods to The Princess Bride sound like a fun touch, and I might have to brush up on Pride and Prejudice to catch those references too. It's always bittersweet when a beloved series comes to an end, but I'm glad to hear it ended on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan, I do enjoy when I get the references, LOL! And, it was a great series, and I have more books by the same author, so here's hoping they are just as good and I don't let them languish for another couple of years, LOL!

      Delete