Friday, August 2, 2024

Beauty and the Beach

Title: Beauty and the Beach Audiobook

Series: Falling for Summer

Narrators: Rylee Kuberra and John Rogers

Author: Gracie Ruth Mitchell

Publisher: Audible Audio

Genre: Contemporary Romance, RomCom, Fiction

Source: Net Galley/Hoopla

My Review:

 Beauty and the Beach is the first book I have read by Gracie Ruth Mitchell, but it won't be the last. I was approved for an audiobook through Net Galley, but when I went to listen to it, it was gone. So, I listened from Hoopla and I recommend you do the same.

Beauty and the Beach was funny right from the beginning. I was captivated by the story and didn't want to stop listening. Holland and Phoenix's relationship was interesting.

Read for:

😄enemies to lovers

😄shared history

😄brother's best friend

😄 the nicknames

😄marriage of convenience

😄witty banter

Beauty and the Beach is a romcom at its finest. It is also a deep story. There is a tragedy, there is emotional baggage, there is therapy, and there is so much heart to this story! The story is dual POV and the narrators delivered a fabulous experience. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was one of those stories I did not want to end.

Thank you to Net Galley for approving me to listen to the audio. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts are entirely my own.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Phoenix Park is the man I fantasize about...hitting with my car, that is.

He's rich. He's sexy. He's the absolute worst. But after I fall prey to an internet scam and lose every last penny in my account (please don’t ask), it’s Phoenix who swoops in with an offer I can’t refuse. I’ll marry him for the summer so he can inherit the family company from his dying grandmother, and in return, he’ll drop a hefty sum of money into my bank account.

Buy me a pair of sweatpants with GOLD DIGGER across the butt, because I’m just desperate enough to agree.

Our arrangement is only supposed to be for a few months, until Phoenix’s poor grandmother passes. I can pretend for that long. I can stop insulting him long enough to force a few smiles and some lovey-dovey glances. But with every touch we share, with every kiss we fake, I find the walls around my heart beginning to crack—letting in feelings I'm not prepared for.

And when Phoenix’s grandmother makes a miraculous recovery, leaving us stuck indefinitely in this charade of holy matrimony? That’s when I know I’m really in trouble.

6 comments:

  1. So many tropes in this one that I love. It sounds very funny...and I can't wait to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I loved it! I am now listening to Beachy Keen by Kasey Stockton and I am enjoying it as well :)

      Delete
  2. I own a couple of the books in this series so now I just need to read them. Glad to read that this one is a fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, yes, I hope you enjoy the ones you own.

      Delete