Saturday, August 24, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #134, Sunday Post #131, Sunday Salon #125

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Today my daughter and I are headed to another region of Ohio were we will visit one of the quilt shops, then she will hang with friends, while I visit a few more, then I will join her at a friend's baby shower. I have visited 55/84, so 21 shops this week!! (all of my time in the car was listening to audiobooks!) We will be out until sometime this evening, tomorrow is Church and then relaxing. I have 29 shops left and hope to get them in sometime this week.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook: None

Book Mail: Both for review

 

Bought: None

Other updates:

It was a good reading week and I loved being able to listen to audio books for so many hours in the car. I finished 6 books again this week (one review will post tomorrow), two were audio books.  

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Levi Bailey Has Butterflies by Jen Atkinson

Book Review: Owen Bailey Needs Advice by Jen Atkinson

Book Review: Plotting Summer by Jess Heileman

Book Review: The Storm Inside by Sheila Walsh

Book Review: Miles Bailey Gets Down on One Knee by Jen Atkinson

Book Review: Rebel Summer by Cindy Steel

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

24 comments:

  1. Have fun quilt shop hopping! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I did, but sadly didn't get to go to one shop that I REALLY needed to yesterday and it is still bugging me today, LOL!

      Delete
  2. You have done a great job with the quilt shop hopping. Good luck in getting to all the remaining shops.

    And bonus perk: You were able to listen to many audiobooks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, that is the best part! The alone time in the car listening to books, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Your books look good, especially Search And Detect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have an ambitious program of visits to so many shops! Great that you could make such good use of the time in the car with the audio books. I think I would just fall asleep.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, yes I do, I am looking at it as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a very successful week. Hope you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Road trips are the only time I finish audio books. What a great way to combine your hobbies! Good luck on seeing the rest of the quilt shops, and way to go on so many so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are doing this! What a cool adventure - and you are so close to going to them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I am. It will be very difficult to finish with my schedule if I do not get them done this week.

      Delete
  8. I'm sure the Amanda Dykes book will be good. People love her. I read her first book and it was a little wordy to me but that's because I wasn't used to her style. Now that I understand it more I can get into her books more.

    That quilt shop stop sounds insane! I don't think I could visit all those shops in a week! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I have enjoyed what I have read by her.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great week all around. Hope you have another wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun to visit all those quilt shops! The audiobook time is a bonus, too. Good luck getting to the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete