Wednesday, October 9, 2024

But He's My Fake Fiancé

Title: But He's My Fake Fiancé

Series: But He's A Carter Brother #3

AuthorAnnah Conwell

Narrator: Hayden Bishop

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, 

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

I have been waiting for Grayson's story and But He's My Fake Fiancé did not disappoint!! While each book could be read as a stand-alone novel, I highly recommend reading this series in order.  

Trigger warnings: grief, anxiety/panic attacks, verbally abuse family

This story is absolutely precious! While it is a romcom, it also deals with heavier topics, but in the best possible way. I loved Sloane and Grayson. They brought out the best in each other while supporting each other through hard times. 

Read for:

💍fake engagement

💍the Carter brothers

💍sweet romance

💍adventures

💍Hawaii setting

💍bucket list

💍protective male lead

💍bookish characters

💍the nicknames

💍witty banter

I can't wait for Maverick's story, but I am already bummed because I know it is the last in the series!!

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):

My ex-boyfriend is engaged to my stepsister.

Yeah, it shocked me too. So much so, that when my ex tells me, I grab the first guy I see and pretend he’s my fiancé.

Somehow it only gets wilder from there, because the guy I grab happens to be Grayson Carter, notorious flirt and extrovert to the max. Also, the guy I turned down a month before while dating said ex-boyfriend.

Grayson surprisingly goes along with my plan, throwing pet names and flirty lines at me all while putting on this protective facade in front of my ex that makes my knees weak.

But when our little scene turns into a full-on scheme, I find myself questioning what’s real and what’s not.

The problem is, if it is real, I don’t know if I can risk loving someone like Grayson. I have a feeling if I gave him my heart, I’d never get it back.

But He’s My Fake Fiancé is a cozy fake dating romcom for fans of sweet summer love stories. It has all the sizzling chemistry you love, without any explicit scenes. Check out the third book of the But He’s A Carter Brother Series, a series based around four strong, protective brothers finding love.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love that fake dating trope! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad to hear But He's My Fake Fiancé lived up to your expectations! It sounds like such a great mix of heartfelt moments and romcom fun. I love when a romance tackles heavier issues while still keeping that sweetness, and Grayson and Sloane sound like the perfect pair. Also, the Hawaii setting and fake engagement trope? I’m sold!

    ReplyDelete